• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ChuckOr

Problem With Creator 2010 Plus - Split From Totally Different Software Topic

Question

I have Roxio Creator 2010 Plus, running on a Win 7 system. I recently had my hard drive crash, with an insufficient backup. Consequently I am trying to reload programs. I reinstalled Creator 2010 plus and the only updates I could find (roxiocreator2010sp2) .I use the Roxio program for capturing VHS programs from a VCR and importing to the computer through the USB port. It doesn't work now that I've reloaded it. After pressing import video button I get a whirly symbol for a few seconds and then it goes away, nothing happens, it doesn't take me to the screen where you control the import ( where from - where to, etc.) it just does nothing. Any ideas on why? I've reinstalled the USB capture device several times and it appears to be working fine, based on the hardware report.

11 answers to this question

Did you reinstall the capture device before reloading the program? If so, the wrong drivers were installed by Windows. What do you mean by "based on the hardware report"?

Please post a screen shot of what you are referring to.

Edited by sknis

I had Roxio Creator 2010 SE installed on my computer running Win 7. Hard disk died and I am reinstalling programs. Creator 2010 will no longer capture content from my VCR or DVD using the Video Capture USB device. When I press "Capture Video" from the Home screen I get a whirligig for a few seconds and then nothing happens. Same thing when I press Capture Video from the Video-Movies Import Screen. Also, when I press Edit Video under the "Edit and Transfer" screen I get a message saying "No Permissions to Launch Applications".

I too cannot get Roxio Creator 2010 SE too capture files. My case is different in that I do not get that error message regarding USB. Mine simply does nothing. I had Roxio Creator 2010 SE installed on my computer running Win 7. My Hard disk died and I am reinstalling programs. Creator 2010 will no longer capture content from my VCR or DVD using the Video Capture USB device. When I press "Capture Video" from the Home screen I get a whirligig for a few seconds and then nothing happens. Same thing when I press Capture Video from the Video-Movies Import Screen. Also, when I press Edit Video under the "Edit and Transfer" screen I get a message saying "No Permissions to Launch Applications".

The OP should try to answer questions rather than spending time reposting the same issue. <_<

Basically, plug in the device, go to Windows Device Manager and remove the two entires for the device. Unplug the device and reboot. Run a repair on the program and when that has finished, plug in the device. The correct drivers will be available for installation of the device.

Post back to let us know if that does it.

Followed above directions/instructions: Plugged in the device, uninstalled device (2 instances) in Device Manager, unplugged device and rebooted, repaired program using original disk. Rebooted and observed device being reinstalled. Noted error in device installation resulting in ! by device in Device Manager (Incorrectly called the "Hardware Report" in a previous hijack ...uh... I mean post). Everything remained the same, all difficulties noted previously still existed. Started over except that instead of "repair program" I chose "reinstall program" instead. Still, after completing all steps, I have the same problems except I have an error sign (!) by the USB 2861 under "Other Devices" in Device Manager. No other Device is listed (so far as I can tell) in the Device Manager which relates to the Roxio USB capture device, as it did when I started. FYI I don't know how to do a screen capture.

Subsequently went through Repair process described above again. Located and uninstalled device USB 2861 under Other. Searched computer for driver using driver update in Device Manager. Found and installed driver identified as for the Roxio USB Capture Device (I don't remember the exact term but it looked right. Tried again to capture video with same dismal result. Rebooted and checked for drivers in Device Manager, none seen that I could ID as being the ones appropriate for the Capture device and no "Other" category. Same lack of results on function.

You wires or connections could be bad. If you are using a desktop, try a different USB port on the back of your computer and NO hubs. They don't have the power to run the device properly.

It is unusual for the device to go bad because it is a simple chip except for the connections.

Post a link to the drivers you are using.

Followed directions: Changed USB connection point on computer. On back of computer, not on any hub. Rebooted and plugged in Video capture device. Noted that drivers appeared to load successfully. Still can't import video and when Edit Video Advanced is selected, Error message "No Permissions" etc. is seen. Is it possible this is a software issue? Under Device Manager there are no error messages. Under Sound Video and Games there are devices labeled Roxio Video Capture USB and USB 2861. Don't know how to post a link to drivers as requested so driver Info follows: Roxio Vid. Capture USB : Drvr Prvdr Roxio Technology: Driver Date 4/16/2009: DRVR version 5.2009.416.0: Details: Provider eMPIA Tech. Inc. File Version 57,1107,0. USB 2861 Device: Provider MS Date 7/12/2013 Version 6.1.7601.18208: Detaills; Prvdr MS Corp. ; File Version 6.1.7600.116385( Win7_rtm.090713-1255).

After going further- and trying numerous functions within the program- I have become convinced that this is a software problem. Virtually nothing works. - Plug and Burn at least changes to a different screen. Everything else goes to a whirly gig for a few seconds then goes back to the starting screen.

How did you remove the program before you re-installed it ? Rather than do a repair as suggested, when you remove you must remove

all traces of the program. If not there will probably be some files left that will cause problems. I suggest that's probably what happened.