Question

I have Roxio Creator DE. I'm trying to copy an old music CD that apparently is 726 MB. All the blank CD's I can find are 700MB. How can I make a copy of it?

9 answers to this question

A 700 MB CD can usually hold just a little under 80 minutes of Audio. A 650 MB CD nominally holds about 74 minutes.

How many minutes does your "old music CD" have on it?

You say the CD is "apparently" 726 MB. How are you measuring that? If it's an image file of 726 MB the content might well fit on a 700 MB blank CD.

Finally, which version of Creator DE do you have? [see Help > About when running the software] Different versions have different abilities, and I suspect yours won't be version 6, which is where you've posted your question.

I may have placed my question in the wrong category. I have Easy Media Creator 9. The CD is 82:32 minutes. When I made the temp copy, it said it was 726 MB. When I put in a 700MB blank CD, a screen pops up saying it's too much info for that blank CD.

The CD is 82:32 minutes.

A commercial bought CD?

What CD, name, group?

Here's some interesting data regarding CD-r disks. Possible that the disk was "overburned" for the disk regular capacity ?? (last paragraph in the captured info) Frank...

post-135-0-51052400-1382292129_thumb.jpg

The CD came with a magazine. It is Verdi's Requiem Mass. Recorded in 1988.

Disc # 1 or Disc # 2 won't copy and is 82:32 minutes?

If they can fit the tracks into a master for "pressing" the original CD, they can make a CD as long as they like.

This used to be done back in the 80's to prevent copying the disc, since there's no way you're going to get 82.5 minutes safely onto a burnable CD.

It was probably done like that deliberately. It doesn't stop you ripping the tracks, but you can't make a 1-disc copy.

Regards,

Brendon