Piraja27

How Do I Create A New Template On Videowave?

Question

Hey, I have noticed that there is an option to make templates of your own if the ready ones ain't what you're looking for.

But mine are gray and wont allow to be pressed. And I wonder do I have to go somewhere special to try this?

I sometimes make videos that are not recorded with Roxio Game Capture so the resolutions on those videos are very different than any of the given ones.

So I would like to know if I can make different templates on those somehow so I can use VideoWave for those videos aswel. :)

post-114150-0-15765800-1382284697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Piraja27

22 answers to this question

Hey, I have noticed that there is an option to make templates of your own if the ready ones ain't what you're looking for.

But mine are gray and wont allow to be pressed. And I wonder do I have to go somewhere special to try this?

I sometimes make videos that are not recorded with Roxio Game Capture so the resolutions on those videos are very different than any of the given ones.

So I would like to know if I can make different templates on those somehow so I can use VideoWave for those videos aswel. :)

Change the Video File Quality from Same as Original to all.

I do not have such option. :(

VW in RGC HD Pro seems to be a limited version of the full Videowave available in "Roxio Creator" and does not have the option to create your own templates.

Change the Video File Quality from Same as Original to all.

"All" is only available in Purpose not in Video File Quality

Interesting. But I think I coudl with the version that they gave you with the Standart Roxio. I think...

Interesting. But I think I coudl with the version that they gave you with the Standart Roxio. I think...

What do you call Standard Roxio? Are you referring to a Roxio Creator program?

That sucks. :( I cannot instal two versions, tried but it asks me to remove the other.

Why do you want to create new templates? Roxio has more then enough available to cover almost every type of output you want.

I use other program to record directly from pc. And I use tv screen ( with HDMI cable ) and the resolutions aren't the 1980 x 1080 because it looks awful on the screen. And game isn't completely filled on the screen either so it turns out to be 1360 x 704 and if I use templates on Videowave , they turn out blurry because it streches the picture.

Closest to that without going under is 1280x720. But again, turns blurry. If I watch the raw file it ain't blurry but after render it is. However this problem doesn't occur when I render files when I record with Game Cap HD. :D

I use other program to record directly from pc. And I use tv screen ( with HDMI cable ) and the resolutions aren't the 1980 x 1080 because it looks awful on the screen. And game isn't completely filled on the screen either so it turns out to be 1360 x 704 and if I use templates on Videowave , they turn out blurry because it streches the picture.

Closest to that without going under is 1280x720. But again, turns blurry. If I watch the raw file it ain't blurry but after render it is. However this problem doesn't occur when I render files when I record with Game Cap HD. :D

1360x704 is a completely non-standard format. Actually I have no idea what you are doing You use other programs to record and then expect Roxio to correct the nopn-standard video :wacko:

Yes you almost seem to be going completely out of your way to make it look like a good product is faulty...

Have you ever run into this fellow?

post-39730-0-56355500-1382308205_thumb.jpg

I have yet to see a commercial BD Movie that will fit all the different screens out there. Does that bother you as well :lol:

Not making fun of you, but my guess is that 90+% of the users have no issues at all.

You two have missunderstood me. I do other gaming videos than ones with consoles I also make videos from computer games. So I have to use another program to record it don't I? Anyways, I use TV not a monitor. So PC hooked up on TV with 1980 x 1080 resolution looks absolutely terrible to me. So I have to reduce it to 1360 x 768 which fits TV the best on my case. The program I use to record only records what it sees, unlikely with Roxio Game Cap it doesn't change the format at all. So since the game doesn't fill the screen its resolution drops a little. Which is that 1360 x 704. So this means if I use templates on VideoWave it will stretch the pixels making it blurrier, making pixels bigger always reduces the quality, simple as that so I was wondering since it seems there is an option to this. That you could make your own template. I could make one to use with this particular game so it wouldn't stretch the pixels anymore making it more blurry.

I don't have any other video editing softwares bought ( dont wanna use illegal copied ones ) and free ones are total junk. So I was thinking I'd be good with VideoWave when I decided to buy Roxio Game Cap. So at the moment it seems my choices are. Buy a new monitor where 1980 x 1080 wont look so terrible ( in this case edges of things , pretty much anything are not as sharp as on the resolutions that seems to fit better and everything is way to small ) or buy another editing software.

Unless you guy know how to open those so I could make template what I now happen to need.

Thank you.

Edited by Piraja27

You two have missunderstood me. I do other gaming videos than ones with consoles I also make videos from computer games. So I have to use another program to record it don't I? Anyways, I use TV not a monitor. So PC hooked up on TV with 1980 x 1080 resolution looks absolutely terrible to me. So I have to reduce it to 1360 x 768 which fits TV the best on my case. The program I use to record only records what it sees, unlikely with Roxio Game Cap it doesn't change the format at all. So since the game doesn't fill the screen its resolution drops a little. Which is that 1360 x 704. So this means if I use templates on VideoWave it will stretch the pixels making it blurrier, making pixels bigger always reduces the quality, simple as that so I was wondering since it seems there is an option to this. That you could make your own template. I could make one to use with this particular game so it wouldn't stretch the pixels anymore making it more blurry.

I don't have any other video editing softwares bought ( dont wanna use illegal copied ones ) and free ones are total junk. So I was thinking I'd be good with VideoWave when I decided to buy Roxio Game Cap. So at the moment it seems my choices are. Buy a new monitor where 1980 x 1080 wont look so terrible ( in this case edges of things , pretty much anything are not as sharp as on the resolutions that seems to fit better and everything is way to small ) or buy another editing software.

Unless you guy know how to open those so I could make template what I now happen to need.

Thank you.

You can't make your own template with RGC HD Pro. That is it!

If you want to stay in the Roxio family (VideoWave), you could start sniffing around for used or deeply discounted copy of WinOnCD 2012 (Creator 2012)...

It will run not run on Win8 but if that is not an issue, I think you will find it to your liking ;)

I have Windows 8 sadly. :(

Roxio Creator NXT then, Creator NXT 2 is the current product.

Yes, you are really going out of your way to try to find ways for this to fail :huh:

If you put 1/2 that effort into resolving it, you would have been done last week :lol:

It was a respond that I have Windows 8 , like you said. It does not work on Windows 8. And since you said it was on discount it seemed interesting but again, no use for me. No operating system for it.

I have a few editing softwares on aim I am gonna take a look into.

And I asked about the template thing here incase it had to be changed from settings or something similiar to it. I like VideoWave, I became comfortable with it but might have to get another one sadly.

Gonna see if there are demo/trial versions to these and see if they're worth of buying before actually purchasing.