ThePyroManiac93

Why Does It Lag When I Split The Video!

Question

This is my 4th or 5th topic now and im getting sick of posting...i'm having so many problems with roxio editing software im gonna send it back if no one can help. RIGHT...my 5th problem is that when i cut the video (to edit parts out) once ive split it...the split section lags like hell and i cant even edit it to cut the rest because the second section is just lag...the audio is fine...but the video skips for the rest of the video...What the hell is going on?

15 answers to this question

This is my 4th or 5th topic now and im getting sick of posting...i'm having so many problems with roxio editing software im gonna send it back if no one can help. RIGHT...my 5th problem is that when i cut the video (to edit parts out) once ive split it...the split section lags like hell and i cant even edit it to cut the rest because the second section is just lag...the audio is fine...but the video skips for the rest of the video...What the hell is going on?

What do you mean by "the split section lags like hell ...."? I have no idea what is going on since you have not supplied much information about your project. Most likely though the problem is with/in your system and not with the software otherwise everybody else would be having the same problem

I have exactly the same problem. What he means VideoWave stops responding and needs to be shut to work again when you try to split a video you recorded with RGC.

However, it is pretty much the m2ts files for me that has this issue. Others doesn't seem to have it as that bad. I'd like to know why of course but no answers will come I assume, till this day asking before. No answer.

I have exactly the same problem. What he means VideoWave stops responding and needs to be shut to work again when you try to split a video you recorded with RGC.

However, it is pretty much the m2ts files for me that has this issue. Others doesn't seem to have it as that bad. I'd like to know why of course but no answers will come I assume, till this day asking before. No answer.

Completely Different Issue!!!

ThePyroManiac93 said nothing about it locking up, only that it lagged...

Your 'issue' is with your PC and/or the settings you are using. It was addressed 2 months ago in your other Topic.

I know you don't want to believe that but why would it suddenly be a VideoWave problem after 11 years of use :huh:

I tried a few other editing softwares (still undecided which I am going with, most likely Sony Vegas who knows ) VideoWave wiggles out and earlier version of VideoWave that came with RGC SD cannot even run m2ts files for trying out.

And I have seen others having this similiar problem and read this one as same. Not as direct but seemed very same to me atleast.

I really wish that VideoWave would work with these files well. I like the program on many aspects but if it doesn't work as it is supposed to with files RGC HD creates I just need to get another one. Atleast I can use VideoWave still for thumbnails for YouTube videos. Love one particular font VideoWave has :D

Edited by Piraja27

I tried a few other editing softwares (still undecided which I am going with, most likely Sony Vegas who knows ) VideoWave wiggles out and earlier version of VideoWave that came with RGC SD cannot even run m2ts files for trying out.

And I have seen others having this similiar problem and read this one as same. Not as direct but seemed very same to me atleast.

I really wish that VideoWave would work with these files well. I like the program on many aspects but if it doesn't work as it is supposed to with files RGC HD creates I just need to get another one. Atleast I can use VideoWave still for thumbnails for YouTube videos. Love one particular font VideoWave has :D

As was stated in your other thread (and repeated here), RGC HD Pro works just fine with the m2ts files it creates. If it doesn't on your system then the problem is with your PC.

Could it be because of 64bit system? I think VideoWave is 32bit?

Noticed some programs doesn't want to work so well if that is the case. However, mysteriously it happens just with the m2ts files. Others works just fine, they do crash but very very very very rarely.

Could it be because of 64bit system? I think VideoWave is 32bit?

Noticed some programs doesn't want to work so well if that is the case. However, mysteriously it happens just with the m2ts files. Others works just fine, they do crash but very very very very rarely.

Your still doing everything you can to deflect the fact that your PC/Settings are the issue...

Yes, it is a 32 bit program but I run it on a 64 bit PC and regularly capture and edit 1 and 2 hour files :huh:

Your PC should be fine BUT you have likely made changes to the defaults and that can be your problem.

NEVER tinker with video settings, leave EVERYTHING at stock values:

post-39730-0-49644400-1385296320_thumb.jpg

Likewise set your Options to use Software rather than the the default Hardware:

post-39730-0-91075900-1385296323_thumb.jpg

I had to change my defaults because then the record will have pixelated disturbance on it. :wacko:

Don't understand what you post means

What did you change???

Please remind me of your setup, gamebox connections etc. -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

As earlier I told you that I found a video that tells how to get rid of the issues on record with RGC HD , so don't remember fully what did I change.

For recording I use Xbox360 Pro, old but still no signs of it getting broken and RGC SD works just fine same with the VideoWave on that version. Files are AVI on that RGC though. Then HDMI cables.

My pc is a deskopt.

Prosessor: Intel ® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 660

Windows 8, 64 bit.

I have the updates that Roxio offers and same with graphics card updates or any other updates they offer.

Don't really know then ~ but it keeps comming back to your PC as you seem to be about the only one in the world with this issue :huh:

Yes we have all seen lag why the PC rebuilds it 'view port' but they don't lead to crashing. (no editor can load load a 12 GB file - not enough RAM)

Not exactly true, seen some with same problem. Not sure what causes it, system requiments are met for me though. Will see if I can try this with my friends laptop one day. I really wish VideoWave was working properly for me. Does when not using files that I recorded with Roxio. And I don't usually have 12GB files however. On older VideoWave that came with RGC SD , I once did render video that was 3 hours long AVI file. And you probably know that AVI files tends to be huge. :blink:

What did you change???

Please remind me of your setup, gamebox connections etc. -_-

I know you're not going to like this info but. I tried to switch from regular video settings to use NVidia ones and who would have guessed. It fixed the problem. And went to look what I changed before and they were the 3D settings.

Anyways. After switching 'em around I took a clip tried to split it, trim it etc. and could do it. Program did stop responding once after 7 quick splits and came back from it allowing me to edit again. Problem solved.

P.S

This also fixes my older problem when I asked how to make templates. Made that video does not show up blurry as they used to. Perfect! :D

Edited by Piraja27