• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photoshow 5

Stan Smith

Question

11 answers to this question

Something went wrong, I have both PhotoShow 5 and Photoshow 6 on my computer for several years. I was never asked to reinstall V5 nor was I asked to enter a key to reactivate it (trial version). Did you use a Registry Cleaner recently?

Which PhotoShow 5 do you have? There were several brands. Why don't you have a product key to enter? Look at your Roxio account page (not PhotoShow membership page). If you registered V5, the key should be there.

USe Windows restore to restore you computer to just before installing Photoshow 6. Do this: (link) ; reinstall 5.

This says you can use both. if you have the Roxio version (not comcast, or other)

Thanks for your help thus far. My E-mail message after registering Photoshow 6 on Oct 9, 2013, came from Roxio Shop cs@cleverbridge@cfl.rr.com and only a reference number was provided. There is no product key or CD key available on my Roxio account page. The reference number doesn't help either. I've tried several different ways to install it. I have everything on my computer saved on my Passport. Thanks. Stan Smith

PhotoShow 5 is no longer available so you can't buy it. You have it somewhere on your computer. The restore should give it back to you. If you used a registry cleaner, it may be gone for good.

I was asking about your PhotoShow 5 which now shows that it is a trial. Are you now saying that PhotoShow 6 is a trial and won't install otherwize? I'm confused. Did you have your antivirus active during the install?

Did you try the Windows restore and then the install of PhotoShow 6. Did you use a registry clean up (editor)?

Are you using a PC or a MAC. We have to start talking the same language about the same program or this discussion won't work.

Edited by sknis

Thanks again for your input. As originally stated, I had been using Photoshow 5 and Photoshow 6 for many years with no problems. I decided to upgrade to Photoshow Premium 6 in Oct 2013. After installing Photoshow 6, the Photoshow 5 quit functioning, only giving me a 15 day trial version. I'm somewhat dissatisfied with Photoshow 6 because I can't edit, crop, delete red-eye, etc. I always did everything on Photoshow 5, then moved it to Photoshow 6 for burning. It was so much faster. I have made nearly 1000 photoshows over the last ten years and hardly ever had a problem, many having over 1000 photos each and using my own MP3's on most of them, for families, friends, and organizations where I live. I'll figure this out somehow, but I really do appreciate your help. Stan

Stan, did you try the Windows system restore that I suggested? That is the only way to get PhotoShow 5 back.

Also, if you used a Registry Cleaner to clean up your computer, it probably screwed everything up. Doing the restore should help.

Did you remove PhotoShow 6 from your computer when you bought the Premium Membership? That was a mistake. there was no need to do that.

Please start reading my posts more thoroughly answering questions rather than essentially stating the same thing. I really don't care why you like 5 and don't like 6. I'm just trying to get you going again.

Edited by sknis

I did not save a version of Photoshow5 unless its on an old laptop, I am ready to scream that all my photoshows are GONE!! So sad as there were many I worked on for years. Any chance there is of us getting them back?

You did not say you had PhotoShow 5; the one you probably have/had was PhotoShow 6. Getting your PhotoShows back - probably better than a snowball's chance in --- you get the idea.

Did you ever download ANY of the PhotoShows to your computer? If so, they are still on your computer; search for files with the extension of .photoshow. If you did download them or if you made them with the desktop version, there are still on your computer. You can make a video files from them (step 3 -share) and burn to disc, thumb drive or even upload them to file sharing sites like YouTube. That is what I have been doing for a long time.

When did you buy the subscription? I assume that your subscription hasn't expired - or did it?

Is your premium membership still in force? They will be wiped in 30 to 60 days of your membership expiring.

If it is still in force, then you may have run into the missing PhotoShow problem that many people experienced. Roxio/Corel is aware of the situation and is looking for a solution.