red mountain1

Disk Burn Problem

Question

4 answers to this question

I just purchased Creator NXT Pro2 to be used with Windows 8. When I attempted to burn on "MYDVD" the burn button is grayed out. How can I solve this problem?

You will have to add a bit more information then "the burn button is grayed out". Perhaps explain exactly what you are trying to do and how you are doing it.

Hello,

Please tell us if you're working under 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 8, and what the "disk ID" of your drive is. [Well, tell us what your drive make/model is].

When the burn to disc button is greyed out, are you getting some sort of message from the software claiming the drive is empty?

In MyDVD you can burn to a disc image or ISO instead of a plastic disc [uncheck and check the appropriate boxes in the burn dialog]. Later you can "Burn Disc Image" to burn that ISO to plastic disc. While the action of burning straight to disc in MyDVD doesn't work, does the two-step workaround of making an ISO and then later burning it work for you?

Regards,

Brendon

I must confess a real goof on my part which is the reason the burn to disc button was grayed out. In my stack of new "BLANK" disks a used disk had somehow made its way into the stack. So.....the disk I was using was not blank.....thus the error. I inserted a blank disk.........and guess what....it works! Thank-you very much for responding to help. By the way....I'm working under a 64-bit windows 8.