Rite_Invalidimagefile

digger758

Question

Need some help with this error message, as I'm unable to find any information as to what it refers.

I'm assuming that its telling me that one of the files I'm trying to burn is unacceptable, but how do i resolve this? Is there a way to verify which file it is that causing the problem? I've clicked the "explain" button on Roxio, which tells me absolutely nothing of any use.

Never used to have this problem, but its come about in the last 6 months and I'm getting tired of throwing discs away.

11 answers to this question

Need some help with this error message, as I'm unable to find any information as to what it refers.

I'm assuming that its telling me that one of the files I'm trying to burn is unacceptable, but how do i resolve this? Is there a way to verify which file it is that causing the problem? I've clicked the "explain" button on Roxio, which tells me absolutely nothing of any use.

Never used to have this problem, but its come about in the last 6 months and I'm getting tired of throwing discs away.

What kind of disc are you trying to make - a data disc, a music disc or a video disc? Tell us more.

Trying to make a data disc onto blu-ray using a HP BD335 BD writer of video files, which are a mix of formats.

It's weird because I'm currently on the 3rd disc for the latest burn, and each time it errors at a different point, which makes me think it's not a file issue but hardware, though I have no idea how to verify this.

In fact, as I write this the 3rd burn has been successful, so this makes no sense at all to me.

Edited by digger758

Running Windows 7.

The media I'm trying to save is videos files of differing formats i.e .wmv, .mp4 etc

You are simply archiving the files, or ?

What program from C2012 are you using? If you are creating a data disc then the format of the files you are burning doesn't matter.

Have you thought about saving the files to an external, portable hard drive instead of BD discs?

I'm saving the files to BD to keep them, and using "Burn Data Disc" in C2012.

Already done the saving to an external portable hard drive before, which was fine till it decided to die on me and lost everything I had, hence I get everything onto discs now which is better.

Personally I trust a portable drive more then any BD disc.

If you can't burn "reliably" to a disc why would you expect to be able to read them reliably?

I've only experienced this problem in the last 6 months, have been recording to CD's, DVD's and BD's without a problem previously, hence trying to get to the bottom of what the issue is I'm having now.

In the collection I've built up I've probably had a reading issue with no more than with 3 or 4 DVD discs - a loss of around 15Gb of data. Each time I do a burn I check to make sure that the disc is readable, and if I'm suspicious of any possible later issues I do it again till I'm satisfied. I went the way of saving to a portable Hard Drive as well during this time, built it up and it failed on me - a straight loss of over 500Gb of data. A bit of a difference to say the least, therefore my preference is disc.

Media & Burner...

The software merely tells the Burner to 'burn this'.

Burner: can get dirty, depending on your enviroment... BD Burning Laser can wear out...

Media ~ primary cause of intermittent burn issues... if it isn't Verbatim (Singapore) and Taiyo Yuden (JVC) - Don't Bring it Home :huh:

Edited by Jim_Hardin