Player Not Recognizing Dvd

Mongog8rs

Perhaps the player hasn't been properly introduced to the DVD?

Seriously, the guys and girls here are pretty good but you do need to tell them what sort of player you have and what sort of disc you're inserting before they'll be able to narrow down the likely causes or problems.

Sarge

• 1 month later...

I encountered a similar problem. I used VHS to DVD 3 to copy and burn a tape to a DVD. I used the dvd burning on my dell xps 8500. When I went to play it in my Toshiba DVD play is came up with the message. Disk not in ntsc format. I didn't find any place in the VHS to DVD program that gave my a choice as to use the ntsc or pal format. Any suggestions?

I encountered a similar problem. I used VHS to DVD 3 to copy and burn a tape to a DVD. I used the dvd burning on my dell xps 8500. When I went to play it in my Toshiba DVD play is came up with the message. Disk not in ntsc format. I didn't find any place in the VHS to DVD program that gave my a choice as to use the ntsc or pal format. Any suggestions?

With EVD 3 it is AUTOMATIC based on your Location... You would not need PAL where you live -_- And as I recall no one have been able to Force EVD 3 to burn a DV in any format other than the one it selects at install.

Player error messages are somewhat ambiguous. Does it:

Play on your PC?

What is the Total Time of the recording?

Did you use Auto Fit?

What is the Brand Name of the media you used?

• 4 weeks later...