Sign in to follow this  
Mongog8rs

Player Not Recognizing Dvd

Lately I've been having issues concerning the player not recognizing a DVD after inserting one in the drive. Any thoughts on what the issue might be ?

Perhaps the player hasn't been properly introduced to the DVD?

Seriously, the guys and girls here are pretty good but you do need to tell them what sort of player you have and what sort of disc you're inserting before they'll be able to narrow down the likely causes or problems.

Sarge

Right you are Sarge.

Tell what software and version we're talking about.

And if you can tell us that along with the issue and steps you're taking to get there then chances are someone can help.

I encountered a similar problem. I used VHS to DVD 3 to copy and burn a tape to a DVD. I used the dvd burning on my dell xps 8500. When I went to play it in my Toshiba DVD play is came up with the message. Disk not in ntsc format. I didn't find any place in the VHS to DVD program that gave my a choice as to use the ntsc or pal format. Any suggestions?

I encountered a similar problem. I used VHS to DVD 3 to copy and burn a tape to a DVD. I used the dvd burning on my dell xps 8500. When I went to play it in my Toshiba DVD play is came up with the message. Disk not in ntsc format. I didn't find any place in the VHS to DVD program that gave my a choice as to use the ntsc or pal format. Any suggestions?

With EVD 3 it is AUTOMATIC based on your Location... You would not need PAL where you live -_- And as I recall no one have been able to Force EVD 3 to burn a DV in any format other than the one it selects at install.

Player error messages are somewhat ambiguous. Does it:

Play on your PC?

What is the Total Time of the recording?

Did you use Auto Fit?

What is the Brand Name of the media you used?

maybe the problem is the disc that is unreadable?

Try it on a different drive

or message us more information