• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't export video from video wave?

MikeHawthorne

Question

HI

Everything seems to work ok until I try and export the finished video.

No matter what format I try and export the video in I get a message that says "An error occurred during rendering".

At this point Video Wave freezes up and I have to control alt delete to get out.

I have been messing around with this for a week and I’m about to give up and go back to Windows Movie Maker which works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but this didn’t change anything. It doesn’t matter what format I try and export to.

I am starting with uncompressed AVI files and captured from a VCR.

My computer….

Dell XPS

3ghz dual core

Invidia 7800

2 Gig fast ram

2 200 Gig hard drives.

I am using an ATI TV Wonder Pro capture card.

Mike

14 answers to this question

HI

Everything seems to work ok until I try and export the finished video.

No matter what format I try and export the video in I get a message that says "An error occurred during rendering".

At this point Video Wave freezes up and I have to control alt delete to get out.

I have been messing around with this for a week and I’m about to give up and go back to Windows Movie Maker which works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but this didn’t change anything. It doesn’t matter what format I try and export to.

I am starting with uncompressed AVI files and captured from a VCR.

My computer….

Dell XPS

3ghz dual core

Invidia 7800

2 Gig fast ram

2 200 Gig hard drives.

I am using an ATI TV Wonder Pro capture card.

Mike

1) Try exporting a video file that you have not edited to see if it is a problem with the program or just your particular project.

2) Try exporting that file to mpg2 for DVD best... Note the time during the rendering that you are getting the error message. Go back into your project and look at what is happening during that time frame. It could be a bad transition, transition duration, audio file, etc. Anything like that.

1) Try exporting a video file that you have not edited to see if it is a problem with the program or just your particular project.

2) Try exporting that file to mpg2 for DVD best... Note the time during the rendering that you are getting the error message. Go back into your project and look at what is happening during that time frame. It could be a bad transition, transition duration, audio file, etc. Anything like that.

Ok I'll give that a try.

Mike

Hi Sknis

I am losing ground on this, now I can’t import the clips and get them to display.

When I try and import a clip it appears in the selection window and I can preview it there.

When I select it and hit the open button, it appears in the time line but not in the preview window and I receive a message that says, “The number of panels in the production is 0” and there is no option to play the clip.

Any action causes a new popup window that says, “Video Wave 8” in the title bar but is otherwise blank.

I have removed the entire suite of programs, cleaned my registry, rebooted, defragmented, and then reinstalled the whole thing.

The results are the same, I don’t have a clue, and all my other video and graphics programs work fine.

These clips all play in Media Player, etc. I have tried importing Mpeg2, AVI, and a variety of clips and I get the same thing.

It doesn’t matter whether the clips are from my VCR or ripped from a CD and the same thing happens if I try and import a single jpeg image file.

I have been messing around with this for a week, the only reason I purchased EMC8 was to have a better video editing program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as I am asking, I also have a problem with the Capture program, it recognizes my video capture card (ATI TV Wonder Pro) but it won’t work because in the “Input” window where I am suppose to be able to select “Composite” as the input mode it only shows audio selections not the video selections that it is supposed to. This is in the video capture mode with the blue screen showing etc.

This has stayed the same through all the reinstalling as well.

Why won’t is show the correct options in the list?

This is not a big problem since I have other video capture software that work fine but it’s still weird.

Mike

I have exactly the same problem, when I try to export I get the message "An error occured during rendering" and the PC locks up.....sometimes ctrl alt delete will unstick it, sometimes I have to reboot.

This is very frustrating software, I have had a problem with everything I try to do.

Hi

I have DirectX9c installed and my video drivers are now updated to September 2 and I do have the latest version of the program 3.0.97b.

The interesting thing is that I can import and edit the same files (both video and still), in My DVD 8 that I can't open in video wave, even though the functions of the two programs are almost the same. I can use My DVD as long as I want to go straight to DVD but not if I want to save video on my computer.

This software seems to me to be very buggy.

Why won't the Video Capture utility show the correct options in the input menu since it recognizes my video capture card. As I said above it shows only the audio options even on the video page. There is no way to tell it that I need it to capture a composite signal, so it won’t work.

Half of the actions I take in Video Wave or Capture freeze my computer.

I have a lot of graphics programs Adobe Photoshop CS2, Indesign CS2, Illustrator, Poser 6, plus some demanding game software (Oblivion) etc. and they all run fine. I never have my computer freeze in any other software, but I can never get this stuff to work right.

My computer is clean of male ware and defragged and configured correctly.

I have 2Gig of fast ram, and lots of hard drive space.

Now it looks like I’m going to have to find a video forum and look for an alternative video editing software program.

Video editing was the only reason that I upgraded to this software.

Mike

I have exactly the same problem, when I try to export I get the message "An error occured during rendering" and the PC locks up.....sometimes ctrl alt delete will unstick it, sometimes I have to reboot.

This is very frustrating software, I have had a problem with everything I try to do.

Since you have given very little info on what you are doing, what sources you are using its is very difficult to offer any help

Well I did some research; I should have done this before I bought this product.

I found countless people have the same or similar problems, all saying stay away from this software. Everyone also said that the support is terrible, which I have discovered for my self, and I never did get my rebate.

This seems to just be poorly written software that crashed many peoples computer no matter how good their system was.

I also found that Adobe is going to release Premier Elements 3, I believe at the end of this month.

I have ordered the tryout DVD and will report back when I get it and try it out.

But my experience has been that Adobe software is very reliable. It sounds as if Premier Elements is far more advanced then Videowave as well.

And it only costs $99.00, probably less from a discount retailer.

Well good luck, I’m going to uninstall all the Roxio stuff and just reinstall the parts of the package that work.

The software does work for creating data and music disks from files on my computer, as long as I use some other applications to get them in there to start with. Though I could have just stuck with the stuff I got from Dell when I purchased my computer.

This was really $150.00 down the drain.

Mike

I found countless people have the same or similar problems, all saying stay away from this software. Everyone also said that the support is terrible, which I have discovered for my self, and I never did get my rebate.

This seems to just be poorly written software that crashed many peoples computer no matter how good their system was.

I also found that Adobe is going to release Premier Elements 3, I believe at the end of this month.

I have ordered the tryout DVD and will report back when I get it and try it out.

But my experience has been that Adobe software is very reliable. It sounds as if Premier Elements is far more advanced then Videowave as well.

Well good luck, I'm going to uninstall all the Roxio stuff and just reinstall the parts of the package that work.

The software does work for creating data and music disks from files on my computer, as long as I use some other applications to get them in there to start with. Though I could have just stuck with the stuff I got from Dell when I purchased my computer.

Mike

If you are doing research also check out the Adobe Elements forums: they have the same problems as all video programs.

Elements 3 may be "superior" to videowave but then Elements is very limited compared to what EMC can do. You are comparing "apples and oranges"

Well good luck, I’m going to uninstall all the Roxio stuff and just reinstall the parts of the package that work.

Mike

While I dont think any product is perfect, the fact that you found some people complainaing on then net somewhere is about as surprising as finding a blog complaining about a politician.

Since you have given very little info on what you are doing, what sources you are using its is very difficult to offer any help

And I am going to have to agree with this client too.

Good luck... I own PrEL 2. It won't install on ANY machine that does not have SSE2 in the CPU which means NO AMD Athlons unless you have a new one. And wouldn't surprise me if PrEL 3 requires SSE3 and/or SSE4. I highly recommend reading the requirements carefully.

Yes, it is much more powerful, but with that comes a HUGE learning curve. I never did figure out how to do something simple like PIP. Keyframing is a great feature, but never could figure that out either. Adobe products are first designed for Macs so their keycodes and how the apps work just don't make any sense to me. Hopefully, Adobe has expanded the DVD authoring part. PrEL 2 is VERY primitive in that respect.

Hi

I said I would report back when I got the tryout DVD from Adobe, so here it is.

I received the DVD yesterday and installed the software, no problems, quick and easy.

This is the test disk for Premiere 2, the one for Premiere 3 is not available yet.

I did a few quick tests, open some of the clips I was having problems with and then exported them. It was smooth as silk.

Then I imported a bunch of clips imported from my VCR and strung them together.

I edited the length on some of them.

I changed the run speed on some making them run faster and slower.

I was able to keep the audio pitch at the same level even when speeding it up or slowing it down. This is a neat feature that avoids the Micky Mouse voice effect when you speed a clip up.

I cropped some or the clips so that they were enlarged. I applied several filters to some of them.

The program ran smooth and clean. The preview window kept up when I moved that slider and I didn’t have to wait for the image to catch up with what I was doing.

Many of the features were easier to use then Video Wave, for instance to crop an image you only need to drag the edges of the preview window to the cropping you want.

There are many filters, transitions, etc.

One of the things I liked a lot was that you can reverse a clip just by clicking a box in the window that lets you change the run time of the clip.

I made a loop by taking a clip and copying it then reversing the copy so it started were the first one ended. Then I copied the whole thing and pasted it in several times.

This allows you to do the “Cat Dancing the Cha Cha” effect we have all seen in TV commercials.

What ever I did it exported the video with out a hitch and very quickly.

I didn’t find this software hard to use, it doesn’t look that much different then Video Wave.

I know I have a lot to learn about it yet. I have barely scratched the surface. But it is obvious that it has more capability then Video Wave and more importantly it ran with no problems, as I have come to expect from Adobe products. I have the CS2 version all their graphics software.

I’m not going to buy Premiere Elements 2, since I would just have to upgrade right away.

But I am going to preorder Premiere Elements 3 so that I get it as soon as it comes out.

Now for the down side…

They make it vary clear that you must have a computer that meets their requirements. I read several post on their site from people who tried to run it on a system that didn’t meet there specs and it didn’t run.

So if you are interested in this program read the system requirements. It even specifies what processor is necessary.

On my Dell XPS with a dual core Intel 3 gHz processor, a Nvidia 7800 GTX video card, and 2 Gig of ram it runs great.

Well that’s my opinion. If you are having trouble with this software and you have a fairly new computer, then I would consider this after all it only costs $99.00.

Mike

PS. It does do slide shows and more importantly it works. I'm not comparing Premiere to EMC 8 I'm comparing it to Video Wave, which for me doesn't work at all. I didn't need EMC 8 to make data disks; that software came with my computer.

As for not telling you what I was doing, I told you what kind of files I was using what my computer specs were and what the error messages I was getting were. Plus I have found many other people having exactly the some problems so why doesn’t the support web site address these issues. Better you how about a patch to solve them!

As I stated the same functions that don’t work in Video Wave work I My DVD. What’s the logic of that?

And no one addressed why the dang program show only audio options in the video dialog box in capture. That makes no sense at all.

I haven’t had a software program that I had paid money for since Windows 3.1 that I just gave up on and uninstalled, because it just plain wouldn’t run. Until now.

Archived