• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do You Add A Folder Set In Copy And Convert, Creator 2012?

wade1953

Question

HI:

I recently have been working on a long project that has four segments and runs about 60 minutes. It will ultimately go my client as a standard play DVD. Anyway, because each segment is graphically intense with transitions, overlays, titles, etc. I was advise to pre-render each segment thru the VideoWave output tab as "DVD PLAYBACK - BEST QUALITY." I have done that and now have four mpeg 2 titles ready to put on a DVD. I created a custom picture background and music for the main disc interface in MyDVD and saved all to a folder set as advised by members of the forum here. I was told to:

..."Always output to an image file or folder set. If you have the free VLC player you can play the image file before you burn it to a disc. If everything looks OK, Use Video Copy and Convert to BURN the image to a disc."

I opened Copy and Convert and navigated to the folder that I had saved to my desktop that says: "Folder Set." When I click that, Copy and Convert will not allow meto select the "OK" button which would allow me to add that title or titles. So, I then clicked open the folder and there are two sub-folders: "ROXIOPLASMA" and a "VIDEO_TS" . Again, it will not allow me to select either of these either - the "OK" button will not hi-light.

My question regards this step- When I have a HOW DO I ADD A FOLDER SET IN THE COPY AND CONVERT APPLICATION IN Creator 2012?

Thanks - WADE

DELL XPS with quad core 17 processors.

6 answers to this question

Sorry for the typo above in the question. It should have read: "When I have a MyDVD project with mutiple titles and I want to render it to a standard play DVD.... HOW DO I ADD THE FOLDER SET IN THE COPY AND CONVERT APPLICATION? I am using Creator 2012 Pro."

Sorry for the typo above in the question. It should have read: "When I have a MyDVD project with mutiple titles and I want to render it to a standard play DVD.... HOW DO I ADD THE FOLDER SET IN THE COPY AND CONVERT APPLICATION? I am using Creator 2012 Pro."

Any reason for posting in the NXT forum if you are using C2012? Should we move your thread?

Did you already create the folder set in myDVD? Does that folder contain a number of ifo, bup and vob files?

Edited by myguggi

Hello Wade,

If you have saved your production to a folder set it will be in a folder called Video_TS, and will appear as a set of .IFO, .BUP, and .VOB files. You should open that folder and check to make sure that's what it contains.

To add that folder set with Video Copy & Convert [VCC] run VCC and select Copy DVD. You will see a window with two panes, From and To.

Use the pull-down arrow in the left pane to select 'Browse for Disc Image/DVD-Video Folder'

post-208-0-75737900-1383192460_thumb.jpg

Now navigate Media Selector to your Video_TS folder, and highlight that folder. The individual movies should show in the right pane.

post-208-0-16738900-1383193692_thumb.jpg

Clock OK and you're back to VCC with a preview showing in the left pane.

Click the Green button at the bottom right, and setup your burn options.

Burn to your DVD.

Regards,

Brendon

This WAS posted to the wrong forum. Chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with forum posting... It can be moved if you like - or let me know how to do that and I will be happy to do so.

Brendon - Thanks so much for going into detail and illustrating the steps for me. I mostly learn by visuals so this if very helpful.

I have been following your directions and everything seems to be exactly the way you said.... except one of the titles I wanted to add is missing. I expect that is because I somehow goofed up and didn't add it properly when I was creating the folder set. I am going to go back and create the folder set again and see if it turns up in the new one. Incidentally, the reason I was having problems was I was trying to burn out of the CONVERT side of VCC and couldn't find the titles - the advice I'd quoted in the initial posting COMPLETELY left that information out - so no wonder I was having problems. You've really taken the time and effort to explain this, Brendon. and you have created a great & very informative tutorial for us learning our way around. I will recreate the folder set to insure all the titles I need are in there and report back! Thanks so much! WADE

Brendon: Just followed your instructions. Everything worked exactly the way you said it would until I got to:

"Click the Green button at the bottom right, and setup your burn options.

Burn to your DVD."

The problem here is that the Green button at the bottom right is not highlighting for me so I can select it, setup burn options and burn to a DVD. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

WADE