• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mp4 File Format

tom bonchonsky

Question

3 answers to this question

When I chose to burn my photoshow I chose mp4 not realizing the option to burn as a DVD would be removed. Can I change my choice to "burn dvd" instead? The mp4 format will not play on the dvd player and need to change. Thank you.

Sorry Tom, I guess that I don't understand your problem. How did you make an mp4 file? Typically, the on-line mp4 option doesn't work. Usually after waiting a day or so, you would get a message that the process failed. If you have a premium membership and have the desktop version, you could only make a mpg2 file or a wmv file; not a mp4 file. Making a file does not prevent you from making a disc (which would be mpg2 files with a VOB extension).

Please help us understand. You are talking about PhotoShow on a pc; correct?

• Like 1

Thanks for responding, I think I'm just not technologically savvy and therefore the confusion. All I know is I tried burning a DVD of my photoshow and although it plays on my laptop, it will not play on a DVD player. My son in law who is very savvy can't even get it to play on his computer but can see that the photoshow file is there on the disk. When I try to go back and burn a DVD, I'm not even given that option. Totally puzzled and will have to look into it later. Thanks again and sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for responding, I think I'm just not technologically savvy and therefore the confusion. All I know is I tried burning a DVD of my photoshow and although it plays on my laptop, it will not play on a DVD player. My son in law who is very savvy can't even get it to play on his computer but can see that the photoshow file is there on the disk. When I try to go back and burn a DVD, I'm not even given that option. Totally puzzled and will have to look into it later. Thanks again and sorry about the confusion.

How did you create the mp4 file? PLease give a step-by-step description of what you did or are doing.

Simply burning a mp4 file to a DVD does not create a video DVD that can be played on DVD players - all you have created is a data DVD.

Edited by myguggi