• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

pinkstonmegan

I Need Help; New With Game Capture; New With Roxio.

Question

Hello everyone! So I am new to the whole game capture thing and I was told that if I wanted to start off basic and simple, that I should buy a Roxio. Well, my experience has been nothing remotely close to simple. Sadly. :( The first day I got it, it was really laggy and the picture was bad on it. There was lines through it and there was a lot of static. Well I researched for a week to see if there was any solutions so I finally found one. When I went to go fix it, it pops up with a red "No Signal". I see partial of my TV screen on the computer but not the whole thing, and it also is laggy, when I plug the HDMI into my TV it doesn't show anything on my TV but a blue screen. A lot of people told me to use the component cables and I can't because I have the newer Xbox and I only have it's component cable that came with it. If you guys could let me know how to fix this that would be awesome, and I could credit you when I finally get to upload to YouTube! Which has been my goal since I bought this #$^@ thing. Any help/comments help! If you could walk me through it on Xbox that would be even better.

My gamertag is: vH3llOnHeels :P

3 answers to this question

Hello everyone! So I am new to the whole game capture thing and I was told that if I wanted to start off basic and simple, that I should buy a Roxio. Well, my experience has been nothing remotely close to simple. Sadly. :( The first day I got it, it was really laggy and the picture was bad on it. There was lines through it and there was a lot of static. Well I researched for a week to see if there was any solutions so I finally found one. When I went to go fix it, it pops up with a red "No Signal". I see partial of my TV screen on the computer but not the whole thing, and it also is laggy, when I plug the HDMI into my TV it doesn't show anything on my TV but a blue screen. A lot of people told me to use the component cables and I can't because I have the newer Xbox and I only have it's component cable that came with it. If you guys could let me know how to fix this that would be awesome, and I could credit you when I finally get to upload to YouTube! Which has been my goal since I bought this #$^@ thing. Any help/comments help! If you could walk me through it on Xbox that would be even better.

My gamertag is: vH3llOnHeels :P

Before your thread is moved to the correct forum could you perhaps post what capture device your have? The are two:Roxio Game Capture HD PRO and

Roxio Game Capture for consoles

Edited by myguggi

The Screen Lag on the Capture PC is normal and cannot be fixed...

I have a note that says you cannot use Component for your RGC and HDMI out to your TV! (the other way would work or HDMI - - HDMI)

Before buying an Xbox HDMI cable, is there any way you can borrow one to test it first????

IF not, use some HDMI Source like a DVD or BD Player and see it that clears things up for you.