• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2.7Mb Max File Size?

Shotaro

Question

I just bought a brand new computer

Relevant Specs:

i7-3770k 3.5GHz processor

16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Gold Ram

1TB SSD for Windows and a 3TB 7200rpm 6GB/s HDD for capture footage

Geforce Titan Video Card

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

When I run the software I get the Xbox video to stream without a problem (there is a couple of seconds latency but that doesn't surprise me.

When I click Capture the file is only 2.7MB in size (usually only 10-14 frames at 1080p) and it just stops capturing. The software still says it is capturing but when I stop and preview the file I get a few frames and that's it.

I don't think my PC configuration is the issue and I presume it's a software issue. I followed some advice and ran msxml.msi but it made no difference. Is the codec I'm using (the default MT2S) the issue? I tried changing the bit-rate down from the default of 15000 bps but I can't think what else could be the issue.

3 answers to this question

My BRD player is Sony and my only other HDMI input that's movable is a PS4 or an Apple TV. Will any of those work with an HDMI input in the card (I do not have component cables)

(Also apologies if there is a significant delay sometimes - timezones...)

I found the problem.

I have a dual monitor set up my primary monitor being an HDTV which my Xbox is plugged into. The capture only works if it is on the primary monitor in windows - I was moving the window to the other monitor to allow me to view it whilst I tested the set up and that was causing the problem. As soon as I left it on my primary monitor to record it worked perfectly.

Edited by Shotaro