Installation Problem- Emc 8.0

blackvelvet100

Question

:) Installed EMC 8.0 and upon reboot got blue screen of death. Removed software and solved problem. Reinstalled EMC 8.0 with same problem. Removal solves problem. Cannot contact anyone in tech support. ROXIO wants to charge me $35 to solve their problem. Just about to trash ROXIO 8.0 and go with competing software. Have had more problems with ROXIO software over the years than any other software. The benefits are just not worth the problems. One last try. Can anyone help?

8 answers to this question

To add to what Pat said, please post your computer specs. Lap or desk top? What message are you getting with the BSOD?

Before you attempt to re-install, set your computer to best performance (Windows) and update all your drivers including the driver for your video card. If it is a laptop, shut down all power savings features.

Make sure that you are not connected to the internet, run your anti-malware program (at least 2 of them). Run your favorite disc clean up or use windows to do that and defrag. Shut down and reboot. Shut down all programs that you do not need to be running including your anti-virus program. Now try to re-install. A lot of installation problems come from programs running in the background.

If you continue to have problems post back for complete removal instructions to follow before you try to re-install.

[ quote name=nanaoneal' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:57 AM' post='4164]

If it is an installation problem you shouldn't be charged for the help from Roxio.

I must reinstall EMC8 to advise of the error message I get upon installation and reboot. Would appreciate completer removal instructions before I try a reinstall. Thanks.

:) Installed EMC 8.0 and upon reboot got blue screen of death. Removed software and solved problem. Reinstalled EMC 8.0 with same problem. Removal solves problem. Cannot contact anyone in tech support. ROXIO wants to charge me $35 to solve their problem. Just about to trash ROXIO 8.0 and go with competing software. Have had more problems with ROXIO software over the years than any other software. The benefits are just not worth the problems. One last try. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to understand, if you started getting a BSOD upon reboot, how did you uninstall it since you can't run the uninstall in safe mode?

Hi blackvelvet100,

also go into your system properties and select the advanced tab and then click on startup and recovery settings button, then change the bottom drop down under "write debugging info" to complete Memory dump

and take note of where it will create this file the next time you have a BSD, as this will also help to find out what made it crash as this logs right up to the millisecond befor the crash...

( warning it can make a large file )

If it is an installation problem you shouldn't be charged for the help from Roxio.

Computer is Dell XPS Gen 4. 200G RAID 1 Configuration. 1G RAM, Windows XP Professional. Running Norton Internet Security, Counterspy, Microsoft Beta Spyware, Photoshop Elements3, PhotoElements 1, Maxtor One Touch HD, Registry Mechanic, Norton System Works, Quicken, TurboTax, et.al.

The next time you install, try turning off Norton Int Sec, Counterspy, Microsoft Beta Spy, and Norton system works. Lota stuff there that could be causing the problem...

G

To add to what Pat said, please post your computer specs. Lap or desk top? What message are you getting with the BSOD?

Before you attempt to re-install, set your computer to best performance (Windows) and update all your drivers including the driver for your video card. If it is a laptop, shut down all power savings features.

Make sure that you are not connected to the internet, run your anti-malware program (at least 2 of them). Run your favorite disc clean up or use windows to do that and defrag. Shut down and reboot. Shut down all programs that you do not need to be running including your anti-virus program. Now try to re-install. A lot of installation problems come from programs running in the background.

If you continue to have problems post back for complete removal instructions to follow before you try to re-install.

[ quote name=nanaoneal' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:57 AM' post='4164]

I'm trying to understand, if you started getting a BSOD upon reboot, how did you uninstall it since you can't run the uninstall in safe mode?

I hope that I am correctly replying. I don't understand a lot about the discussion protocol. I was able to shut down the computer by holding in the power button, and after the computer stopped, turn on the power again. The computer then would boot up normally. I then used Control Panel/Add-Remove Software to remove Roxio. I don't know how to use the Safe Mode. Thanks for your help.

Archived