24BernieK

Encode Error 8004520C

Question

I have tried everything the website says to do but I keep getting this error. I have windows 8 64bit. Sometimes I am able to forego the menu options and it will start to encode, however I get black screens and white screens throughout my production. Any ideas how to take care of this. I cannot get a reply back from Roxio Support even with the proper ID#.

3 answers to this question

I have tried everything the website says to do but I keep getting this error. I have windows 8 64bit. Sometimes I am able to forego the menu options and it will start to encode, however I get black screens and white screens throughout my production. Any ideas how to take care of this. I cannot get a reply back from Roxio Support even with the proper ID#.

We have no idea what you have tried.

Tell us a bit about your project? How long in time? What kind of project? What are the resources you are using? Are you using any photo files? What are your system specs? Have you tried changing the render mode from software to hardware or vice versa?

You really have to supply some info before anybody can help.

The first link in Jim's post should have a disclaimer about SSD Drives and fragmentation.

Defraging a SSD Drive reduces the life span of your SSD Drive, don't do it if you have one!