Error 0X80004015

ogitchida

I seen that there is a topic like this but it's rather old so I figured I create a new one. I've been searching for the last few days on how I can resolve this most problematic issue helpsos.gif . Ok...here we go. I launch RC NXT Pro, Then I click on "edit - Video Advanced" (which is what I want to do) Then I add the material I would like to create. When done I click on "Export" and I get a "VideoWave Has Stopped Working" pop-up.

eex0.png

Long ago I had the Creator 2010. I rermembered I had a simular issue and found out that the related services needs to be running. So in this current issue I launch "services.msc" and I check to see if RC NXT Pro's services are indeed running. I see that "Roxio Hard Drive Launcher 14" is not. I go ahead and start it but I get this error (See the screenshot below). Another thing that's worthy to note is that AFTER I got the above VideoWave pop-up error I would also get a "Microsoft C++ Visual Runtime error" when I clicked on "Close the Program". I fixed that so, (knocking on wood) that's not giving me anymore issues.

0six.png

google.gif leaves me with little to no help. I am hoping somebody can help me with this because I am at my wits-end smashingcomputer.gif. Oh..here is some further info if needed:

eisa.png

I attached the dxdiag file. And here are my specs:

• Intel Core i7-3820 (OC'd at 4.6MHz)

• EVGA X79 Classified (151-SE-E779-K3)

• G-Skill RipjawsX 8GB (4GBx2) (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)

• x2 EVGA GTX560ti in SLi

• x1 Dedicated EVGA GTX285 PhysX Card

• Corsair 1000HX PSU

• Swiftech H20-220-Apex (Heatkiller Block)

• x1 WD 500Gb (Windows)

• x1 WD Caviar Green 2TB (Storage)

• Cyborg v.7 Keyboard

• Corsair M65 Mouse

• Asus LCD 25.5" 2MS HDMI Monitor

• Cooler Master HAF 932 (Modified)

• Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (Build 9600)

DxDiag.txt

sorry for the delay. Yes...a clean install of Win8.1 but I haven't done any type of repair(s) yest so I will try reparing as you suggested. Standby.

Just repaired and now I got the M$ C++ Runtime Library error. I am going to completey uninstall/reinstall to see if that works.

8wwl.png

Edited by ogitchida

Update: I uninstalled Roxio. Rebooted. Once on the desktop, I Went into "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstalled all of the M$ Visual C++'s

dyti.jpg

Rebooted (even though I wasn't prompted too). Back on the desktop I launched the implemmented Windows Update and re-installed The M$ Visual C++. However the only ones that were offered was M$ Visual C++ 2005 Red. and the M$ Visual C++ 2008 Red. x64 9.0.30729.6161.

I rebooted again, even though I wasn't prompted. Once again *sigh* I'm on the desktop and launched my Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (latest version) and disabled "Application Control" and firewall. I launched Roxio installer and went through the installation process. Went back into my Kaspersky I.S. 2014 and went through the "Application Rules" and "allowed" ALL entries that refers to Roxio. Including the firwall! (Kaspersky alowing Roxio to gain access to the Registry and internet. I also doubled checked to see if any entries were selected as; "Deny"

I rebooted again! Once on the desktop I went straight to Roxio and tried to do what I indicated in post #1. Still got that same error. GRRRR....I shutdown Roxio and re-launched it but this time I went took a different route. I selected "Create DVDs" in the main menu and added the content. Then I selected the "edit movie" option in the left task pane.

iaoi.png

So far so good....No errors. Now the the next step is where I had the issue at hand. Relunctantly I clicked on "export as"

5s0d.png

....guess what....for all that's sacred I screamed in delight in God's name! It worked. Sorry for all the detailed dialogue and all the screenshots. I probably went rhough more than I should've but damnit! I wanted this fixed!! LOL But I guess if there's someone out there that's having the same or similar problem they can try this.

Edited by ogitchida