Unable To Capture

beachnag

Question

I have a sony camcorder that I am trying to make a cd from my cassettes,but to no avail. I have all hooked up and it tells me to record dvd, press play button, insert the cd and then hit record, but it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?? pleazz help!!!!!!! I am using the Roxio Easy VHD to DVD 3. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7. thank you for any assistance you can help me with. I am trying to take my cassette tapes that my camcorder uses and put them on a CD. Tnx

Edited by beachnag

8 answers to this question

I have a sony camcorder that I am trying to make a cd from my cassettes,but to no avail. I have all hooked up and it tells me to record dvd, press play button, insert the cd and then hit record, but it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?? pleazz help

It would really help if you were to tell us what software you are using. Your post can then be moved to the correct forum where you may get some help.

What do you mean by "making a CD from my cassettes"? You can't "capture" video and burn it a CD, you need a DVD.

Edited by myguggi

Plug the camcorder into a Firewire port on your computer and capture from that. Do not use the analog to digital device. It is not needed. Open the program and you should see that as an option.

DO NOT record to a CD. Record to your computer and then edit and burn the video to a DVD.

I'm guessing that you are not real comfortable with computers but we need to get more information from you. Please follow these instructions carefully to post the dxdiag evaluation of your computer here (Make sure when you are ready to reply that you select "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the window where you typed your reply. Click here for the link to the instructions.

Also here is a users guide. It doesn;t talk much about capturing from a digital camcorder though. Go here and read the instructions for capturing using Windows Movie Maker and apply the instructions to Easy VHS to DVD.

Edited by sknis