No Sound Cards Are Listed In The Roxio Easy Audio Capture Drop Down List

Travel Freak

Question

3 answers to this question

No sound cards are listed in the Roxio Easy Audio Capture From drop down list. I can play music from all sources without a problem but I cannot record sound from Internet or anything else. Your expert help is very much appreciated.

Roxio Creator 2011 Pro

Windows XP, Service Pack 3

It may be that you Windows audio is not set up to get input from the device. Right click on the speaker icon on your task bar and select recording devices. When that window opens right click in it and select to show disabled devices. Try to play something from the internet and see if one of the devices shows activity. That is the one you want to enable and select.

Thank you for your response but I still don't show a Capture From. When I right click on the Speaker Icon, the only choices are Open Volume Control and Adjust Audio Properties. Under Volume Control, Options, Properties, I can see my Mixer Device is Realteck HD Audio where I can choose output or input. In output I have Adjust Volume for Playback and selecting input I have Adjust Volume for Recording. Both selections have multiple Show the Following Volume Controls. I tried both input and output with all selections checked. I do not find Show Disabled Devises. I can play music from any source including a YouTube video with sound. Yesterday I tried to record the sound from another YouTube entry but it does not work. When I right click on the Speaker Icon, Adjust Audio Properties, a screen appears that reads DRIVERS32. Within the box it reads Cannot find MMDRIVER.INF file needed to install drivers. The file may be damaged or may not be in your Windows SYSTEM32 directory. Copy the original file on Windows Disk 1 to your SYSTEM32 directory. When I click on OK, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties quickly appears with Volume, Sounds, Audio, Voice, and Hardware with multiple selections under each tab. I don't think I should mess with this because now everything plays with sound. I am able to copy and burn CDs and DVDs using other software.

I wish I could type!Hunt and peck is very slow going!

Any more suggestions is appreciated.

It sounds like you Windows Operating System is screwed up. Go to your computer manufacturer's web site and search for drivers for your device.. Install according to the instructions. You might also search Google for driver for your Realteck HD Audio for your operating system. You may be able to fix it with new drivers.