• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition

davebu602

Question

I am unable to open my Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition – MyDVD. A pop up screen opens, stating Please wait while windows configures Wal-Mart Music Download at http://mediaplayer.walmart.com/installer/

The screen then goes to - Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Wal-Mart Music Downloads Store. The Windows Installer cannot continue. Every time I try to cancel out or shut down this popup screen, it comes right back, making it impossible to use the MyDVD. In case you don’t know, the Wal-Mart Music Download site is shut down.

There are no updates listed for Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition on the Roxio site. How do I stop this pop up so I can use this expensive, memory hog, super slow piece of crap Roxio Creator 2009?

7 answers to this question

I am unable to open my Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition – MyDVD. A pop up screen opens, stating Please wait while windows configures Wal-Mart Music Download at http://mediaplayer.w....com/installer/

The screen then goes to - Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Wal-Mart Music Downloads Store. The Windows Installer cannot continue. Every time I try to cancel out or shut down this popup screen, it comes right back, making it impossible to use the MyDVD. In case you don’t know, the Wal-Mart Music Download site is shut down.

There are no updates listed for Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition on the Roxio site. How do I stop this pop up so I can use this expensive, memory hog, super slow piece of crap Roxio Creator 2009?

There are no updates for your Special Edition (nor were there ever probably) since it was a special edition created for WalMart. Your version was probably a cut down version of the full retail version and the WalMart music download was only included with that edition. It was probably quite a bit cheaper then the full retail program.

Good thought, but the problem is actually in the Roxio software. Creator 2009 Special Edition originally logged onto Wal-Mart Music Downloads Store. The problem is that the Wal-Mart site has been taken down, so now when when th Creator 2009 starts up, it still tries to log onto a site that no longer exists. I would hope that Roxio had published a patch to fix this issue, but there are no patches available on the Roxio/Corel site for Creator 2009. The only patch I have been able to find is Creator 2009 Service Pack 4, which doesn't resolve this problem.

Good thought, but the problem is actually in the Roxio software. Creator 2009 Special Edition originally logged onto Wal-Mart Music Downloads Store. The problem is that the Wal-Mart site has been taken down, so now when when th Creator 2009 starts up, it still tries to log onto a site that no longer exists. I would hope that Roxio had published a patch to fix this issue, but there are no patches available on the Roxio/Corel site for Creator 2009. The only patch I have been able to find is Creator 2009 Service Pack 4, which doesn't resolve this problem.

The problem is with your edition only since that was created as a OEM version especially for WalMart. The full retail version has nothing to do with WalMart. There are no updates for your version nor will there ever be any.

Digital Guru - You are close. I purchased the software at Sam's (Wal-Mart owned). After tax it was over $100. I have used it very little due to the issues of running super slow, sucking up all open memory (I have 2 gig of memory on my machine) and crashing on a regular basis. The only time I even try to use it is to create a fairly nice menu screen for home videos covered to DVD. I use Nero for the conversion, but Nero's menu style options leave a lot to be desired. I have managed to find a work around after my original post. I can go into Task Manager and shut down the Wal-Mart Music screen and then I can get into Creator 2009. It is a pain in the rear, but it works.

Digital Guru - You are close. I purchased the software at Sam's (Wal-Mart owned). After tax it was over $100. I have used it very little due to the issues of running super slow, sucking up all open memory (I have 2 gig of memory on my machine) and crashing on a regular basis. The only time I even try to use it is to create a fairly nice menu screen for home videos covered to DVD. I use Nero for the conversion, but Nero's menu style options leave a lot to be desired. I have managed to find a work around after my original post. I can go into Task Manager and shut down the Wal-Mart Music screen and then I can get into Creator 2009. It is a pain in the rear, but it works.

C2009 is not "super slow", it is your system that is probably that is causing the "slowness"