• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Intermittent Audio - Split

Tom FH

Question

I am having the exact same problem. I created video through Videowave. I created DVD through Roxio and burned to a DVD. THe DVD plays fine on my computer DVD drive. In three different external DVD players, the sound (music) drops out for one second and this occurs almost exactly every 1 min 4 seconds of playback. Pictures and videos on DVD play just fine. The ISO file was created through Roxio and was burned to a Verbatim 4.7 gb DVD+R disc. Per the Roxio DVD creator, I have over 800 mb remaining on the disc. Project is due next week, so I am real nervous right now. Please help.

9 answers to this question

The DVD being made has three menu videos in it. On HQ, the time remaining is 12 minutes. Having same issue burning on HQ. Created new DVD in MyDVD using only the first video at a 17 min run time. Still the same issue. Tried reducing burn speed from 8x to 6x with no luck. DVD plays fine in computer drive but skips a second every minute in DVD player.

The DVD being made has three menu videos in it. On HQ, the time remaining is 12 minutes. Having same issue burning on HQ. Created new DVD in MyDVD using only the first video at a 17 min run time. Still the same issue. Tried reducing burn speed from 8x to 6x with no luck. DVD plays fine in computer drive but skips a second every minute in DVD player.

In MyDVD Project Settings change the audio to LPCM if your defaulted to AC3 Audio?

What brand of settop DVD player? Have seen audio problems with Samsung players.

post-97-0-57084300-1384214778_thumb.jpg

No....different PC. Switching to LPCM totally fixed the music skipping every minute. Watching DVD on set top and at 5 minutes no skips. Only issue is one video clip from 3 second to 19 second point was skipped. Will try redoing the Videowave video in the morning and reburn using the LPCM setting. We are definitely close. I'll repost my success when done. Thanks.

I don't have a note written down, but somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind is something about changing the music file...

IF it is Wave, file use Music Disc Creator to output it as an mp3, or vice versa. Also keep the Sampling Rate in the mid range (high rates cause trouble)

Then replace the missing music file with your new one.

Removed bad video file and re-inserted. Burned new DVD from MyDVD and then burned DVD off ISO file. Both came through perfect. Issue resolved. Thanks for all the help. By the way for future reference......what is the difference between the LPCM and the AC3 settings. May need to know for other projects in the future. Thanks again.

LPCM is uncompressed and takes up more room than AC3 or mpeg audio. It is commonly used on music DVD's to preserve maximum audio quality.

Pulse-code modulation (PCM) is a digital representation of an analog signal.

AC3 is a file extension for surround sound audio files used on DVDs format. The AC3 file format was created by Dolby Labs for use in a Dolby Digital audio on DVD, Blu-ray and other digital video formats. AC3 stands for Audio Coding 3.

AC3 increases fidelity over its previous surround sound standard, Pro-logic, with independent tracks for each of the 6 speakers, a 16bit sampling at 48khz rate compressed by 10- 12 times, making for a total bit rate of 384kbps.