• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ratchet

Mydvd Target Media Greyed Out

Question

When trying to save to a disk Image file

The Target Media box on the Burn Project Screen is greyed out.(I can't change it)

Roxio MYDVD Main Screen:

Disc Size: DVD 4.7GB

Quality: Standard Play

(File - Project Settings also reflects this)

Burn Project Dialogue Box:

Save Disk Image File Target Media -R DL

An image is created that is much larger than 4.7GB if a movie over 1 hour is created.

Regarless of any settings used for Disc Size and Quality the same size image is created, which is over 4GB if a movie over 1hr is created.

Have been using every version of Roxio Creator since they first started and have had no problems until now.

Windows 8.1 with NXT PRO2 and Intel Core i7 quad

6 answers to this question

I'll have to look at that, next time I am in Win 8 :D

In the meanwhile, use the 'Folder' option, and Burn Data Disc to burn the folder to a disc... Info on that is Here, with the Burn Data Disc near the bottom.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Regarless of any settings used for Disc Size and Quality the same size image is created, which is over 4GB if a movie over 1hr is created.

The above part of your post is incorrect. If you change the quality setting the image file size changes. Disc size of course has no effect on the image size

As an example, I am trying to render and burn a 35min video. If I select to create a folder set in ep mode, lp mode, sp mode, or hq mode, a 1.16GB folder is created. They are all the same. If I select to create an iso in each of these modes a 1.16GB iso is created. The same thing happens if I try to burn to a DVD. If the movie is over 1 hr the resulting folder set, iso, or DVD created is over 4.7GB at all modes.

Strange but when I go to burn a DVD with a movie over 1 hr. It shows that I have lot of room on the DVD. The burning starts, but after burning for a time, an error is shown that the DVD is not large enough. I can see by looking at the DVD that it is fully "burnt" It actually tries to burn over the 4.7GB and fails. The DVD is ruined. Does anyone else see this weird behaviour with NXTPRO2? Actually tried saving an image of Win 8.1, wiped the hard drive and a did a fresh install of 8.1 with updates and only NXTPRO2 in the shop. Still the same problem.

When trying to save to a disk Image file

The Target Media box on the Burn Project Screen is greyed out.(I can't change it)

Roxio MYDVD Main Screen:

Disc Size: DVD 4.7GB

Quality: Standard Play

(File - Project Settings also reflects this)

Burn Project Dialogue Box:

Save Disk Image File Target Media -R DL

An image is created that is much larger than 4.7GB if a movie over 1 hour is created.

Have been using every version of Roxio Creator since they first started and have had no problems until now.

Windows 8.1 with NXT PRO2 and Intel Core i7 quad

If you can't change it (greyed out) how do you burn a disc image?

I can get the target media to change to +R DL if I load a drive with one and the burn disc drive is checked. I don't think it matters what it shows there when you burn to a disc, the disc info shows below the drive.

A 1 hour 6 minute avi file rendered in HQ produces a 3.93GB image file.

I can't reproduce your problems.

post-97-0-82233100-1384352125_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-66701000-1384352126_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-24693500-1384352127_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-83675000-1384352127_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-25117100-1384352154_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-96476800-1384352128_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-19106000-1384352661_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your time and help with the screen shots! I am able to put an X in the "Save disk Image File" box and then click BURN, or put an X in the "Create folder set" box and then click BURN. (its the "Target Media" box that is grey like in your screenshot) The resulting iso or folder set is always the same size regardless of the Mode selected in MYDVD (EP LP SP or HQ). In previous versions for example, I could create a folder set or ISO in EP mode, and burn it at a later time, and the quality would actually be EP. Now it is always HQ. Thanks for trying to duplicate the problem on your machine. It's something unique to our setup. :(

It is always HQ.

I wouldn't call that a bad thing! :)

Thanks for the feedback.