Kassia

Nxt Output Missing Windows

Question

I have encountered a problem with Roxio Nxt.

When I try to output as a PAL video, some photos are not recorded and leaves a black slot instead.

I tried replacing the photos. but to no avail. I never had this problem with the earlier creator software.

I run Roxio on windows 7. I am at my wits ends on this.

Can any put across any suggestions please?

Thank you

12 answers to this question

This happens in rare occasions. Are they always the same photos that are missing or do they change?

If it is always the same photos, you can change the size to something smaller (less pixels) using an image editing program... If the ones that are missing change, then it is usually an issue with encoding a project and burning at the same time. The computer can't keep up. Encode to an image file or folder set and then use Video Copy and Convert to burn to the disc.

I assume that you do regular maintenance on your computer like getting rid of junk and temporary files and defragging frequently.

• Like 1

Dear Digital Guru I am sorry for not responding as I am doing now.

This is my first attempt at participating in a discussion group and couldn't work out how to respond other than the Like button.

I am in the process of checking and comparing the photos I have to the photos in the previous project.

So far it appears that because I have upgraded the camera I am ending up with photos of a larger file.

So I am taking your advice and resaving the photos with half the file size. Since this is the only significant change I am hoping that you have put me on the right track.

I will let you know what results I will get out of this

Thanks.

Kassia.

This is my first attempt at participating in a discussion group and couldn't work out how to respond other than the Like button.

I am in the process of checking and comparing the photos I have to the photos in the previous project.

So far it appears that because I have upgraded the camera I am ending up with photos of a larger file.

So I am taking your advice and resaving the photos with half the file size. Since this is the only significant change I am hoping that you have put me on the right track.

Thanks.

Kassia.

What size & resolution are the original and the resized photos?

What camera make/model? What format are the photos

Also keep in mind that you can process multiple photos as a Batch process with Roxio... ;)

post-39730-0-11499000-1384346258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim_Hardin
fix pic
  • Like 1

Thanks.

Kassia.

Remember to NOT overwrite the original photos. Save the new photos under a different name. There is no need to dump your good quality photos just to put them into a program that won't accept the good quality. As I said, save the new lower quality pictures, under a different name than the original.

• Like 1

Dear Digital Guru,

Your advise re size of file is 100% correct. I compared the photos I used previously to the current ones.

The older ones were around 1meg and below the newer ones were approaching 2megs. I resized them as you suggested and Bingo it all worked.

Incidently I had upgraded my camera from a Sony a55 to a77 which is a 24 meg pixcel camera hence the bigger files.

I do not recall Roxio ever putting out a limit on file size and that's why I was trapped I suppose.

Thanks again Problem Solved!

There is no limit but a few users have had this problem...

I routinely use 4 and 5mb pics without any issues. And this is with 4 different PCs and 6 different versions of Roxio.

But no one has ever identified a specific cause for this to happen other than a likely connection to large size pictures :huh:

Dear Digital Guru,

Your advise re size of file is 100% correct. I compared the photos I used previously to the current ones.

The older ones were around 1meg and below the newer ones were approaching 2megs. I resized them as you suggested and Bingo it all worked.

Incidently I had upgraded my camera from a Sony a55 to a77 which is a 24 meg pixcel camera hence the bigger files.

I do not recall Roxio ever putting out a limit on file size and that's why I was trapped I suppose.

You have a 24 megapixel camera, and your pictures are only 2MB?! You must have your camera set to the lowest possible quality,

Dear Digital Guru,

2 mb files should not be a problem and do not require resizing. We were thinking of files >6 or so mbs.

To what size did you resize? How many pictures are you using? How long in time is your slideshow?

I aimed at resizing to around 1Meg. and it worked. so obviously I will continue to aim at this size in the future unless I will be advised differently.

Regarding the final size of my Photos from the 24meg resolution- I process all the photos through Lightroom 5 and export them from it.

sometimes I do get a final size closer to 2megs. In this case I have now learnt to lower the resolution as necessary.

Thank you for Your comments everyone.

I think your pre-processing is your problem...

Try doing a quick project using only the files directly from your camera.

IF that works OK perhaps you could then try a different format for the export from LIghtroom, say TIFF or PNG ;)