Roxio Hd Pro Component Switch Crash

ExUnforgiv3n

Question

Hello,

I seem to be having a very unique problem that I can't find by searching anywhere. So here's the deal, I have my roxio hd pro capture card hooked up and installed and everything runs great...usually I am told that I have one of the better looking streams when I livestream, however, anytime I hook up component cables such as Wii or PS3, the roxio device itself will switch over to the YPbPr light, the game and audio shows up on the tv that the output is connected too, but in the roxio software the input is still HDMI and when I click the down arrow to list the component and click component itself...the program crashes. I've uninstalled, reinstalled (without my firewall on also), the roxio still shows up in my device manager and everything. Pretty much everything is perfect besides this component switch, even the hardware itself works fine. Is there any fixes to this? I've rebooted my computer to try and everything I could possibly think of, yet the solution just seems to be out of my own personal grasp. Any help will be much appreciated.

11 answers to this question

anytime I hook up component cables such as Wii or PS3

Power off the PlayStation 3. Connect a console specific Component AV cable** to the A/V port of the console. An HDMI connection is not possible from the PS3 due to HDCP (Sony protected) video out. Next, plug the color corresponding Component Video and RCA Audio cables to the inputs on the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO device.

Connect either an HDMI cable or the color corresponding Component Video Cables between the outputs of the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO device and the HDMI or Component Video inputs at the back or side of your TV. If you have a Component video cable connection, connect the color corresponding RCA Audio cables between the outputs of the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO device and the Audio inputs at the back or side of your TV.

Connect the included USB cable between the output on the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO device and the USB2.0 port of your laptop or PC.

http://www.roxio.com...o/overview.html

I do have the console specific cables.(Actually went and bought them last week just to make sure) I can play the systems, both ps3 and wii, with audio and video on the tv no problem. Just whenever i switch the software to component it crashes. I don't want to sound like a know it all, I really don't, but i've gone through alot of the forums here and I seriously think this issue is a very rare one that applies to only me for some reason.

-EDIT: Just to see what it is like without anything connected. The software crashes without anything plugged in when switching between the input settings in software.

Edited by ExUnforgiv3n

...that is a bit out of the ordinary...

I would suggest a more through Repair using these steps:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!
  • Like 1

I pretty much have this exact same issue. I can switch the inputs in software and it will toggle whats on the monitor but it crashes both the Roxio Capture software and also crashes Xsplit (1.3 & v2 beta) If I can get the HDMI working from the xbox it has no issues staying there but when I want to switch to PS3/Wii I have to completely uninstall and then reinstall the software and hardware.(usually MORE THAN ONCE to get results) Sometimes to get the drivers working properly I have to keep trying different USB ports until I find one that it wants to work on, and each time I do its different but I can get it to work on ports it didn't the time I had to reinstall before. This issue persists on 3 different machines, an i7 4930k desktop(win7), an i5 Laptop(win8) and an AMD Desktop(xp). I have tried swapping all cables including the PS3 and Wii Component cables, USB and HDMI.

I can almost always make it go work but its an awful lot of work just to change the input from HDMI to Component. I have also experimented at setting the resolution the same on all consoles thinking it was not adjusting but even at 480p, once I have it set to HDMI it will ONLY change the pass through so I can see the Component on my monitor and lock the software I am using to capture with.

With the different system configurations I have tried I am not sure if there is any more I can do to make my life any easier. I have reinstalled windows on ALL the machines and that still made no difference.

I have noticed that having the software up and running and then powering on the console yields higher chances of success.

every now and then if the software hangs on quitting and i try to force quit it still hangs. if i unplug the device it will then end the process. this happens more with the Roxio software than it does with XSplit.

not sure what else i can add, Tried both enabling and disabling aero in windows and all visual themes.

WHEN it works this is a great product that gives great results but I am now at the point where I am willing to invest in an alternative if I cannot get a solution to this. Please Help :blink:

I pretty much have this exact same issue. I can switch the inputs in software and it will toggle whats on the monitor but it crashes both the Roxio Capture software and also crashes Xsplit (1.3 & v2 beta) If I can get the HDMI working from the xbox it has no issues staying there but when I want to switch to PS3/Wii I have to completely uninstall and then reinstall the software and hardware.(usually MORE THAN ONCE to get results) Sometimes to get the drivers working properly I have to keep trying different USB ports until I find one that it wants to work on, and each time I do its different but I can get it to work on ports it didn't the time I had to reinstall before. This issue persists on 3 different machines, an i7 4930k desktop(win7), an i5 Laptop(win8) and an AMD Desktop(xp). I have tried swapping all cables including the PS3 and Wii Component cables, USB and HDMI.

I can almost always make it go work but its an awful lot of work just to change the input from HDMI to Component. I have also experimented at setting the resolution the same on all consoles thinking it was not adjusting but even at 480p, once I have it set to HDMI it will ONLY change the pass through so I can see the Component on my monitor and lock the software I am using to capture with.

With the different system configurations I have tried I am not sure if there is any more I can do to make my life any easier. I have reinstalled windows on ALL the machines and that still made no difference.

I have noticed that having the software up and running and then powering on the console yields higher chances of success.

every now and then if the software hangs on quitting and i try to force quit it still hangs. if i unplug the device it will then end the process. this happens more with the Roxio software than it does with XSplit.

not sure what else i can add, Tried both enabling and disabling aero in windows and all visual themes.

WHEN it works this is a great product that gives great results but I am now at the point where I am willing to invest in an alternative if I cannot get a solution to this. Please Help :blink:

PS3 does not work with HDMI, you have to use component as has been posted over and over again in this forum

If you shut down the RGC Software BEFORE you make any changes then start it up after you have switched machines, what happens??? :huh:

(I do agree this should not be required!)

Im not sure I understand this instruction.... How do I change the input without launching the software? I am not physically swapping any cables.I had a switch for the Wii/PS3 but thought it may be part of the problem and eliminated it. I now just have the PS3 connected directly to the component input and the Xbox connected directly to the HDMI.

Im not sure I understand this instruction.... How do I change the input without launching the software? I am not physically swapping any cables.I had a switch for the Wii/PS3 but thought it may be part of the problem and eliminated it. I now just have the PS3 connected directly to the component input and the Xbox connected directly to the HDMI.

Then do the Repair listed in Post #4... -_-

I have no issue swapping between the 2 sources with XP, Win7 or Win8 :huh: