SteveL51

Cannot Copy 'my Documents' Folder To Burn Window - Nxt2

Question

Hello, 2 years ago, I purchased Roxio NXT, and have now upgraded to NXT2, and in BOTH versions I have had the exact same problem: I cannot copy the My Documents folder into the burn window when creating a data disk. It does not matter if I manually copy/paste, or try drag-n-drop... ..any approach does not allow copying this folder into the burn window IF I SELECT AT THE FOLDER (My Documents) level. HOWEVER, if I open My Documents, I am able to copy all individual folders into the burn window. Any ideas to explain this goofiness? Window7 Ultimate, 64bit, 32GB RAM, i7.

3 answers to this question

That might be by design.

I get the same behavior in my Window7 Ultimate, 64bit running Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

I'll check W-8 x64 Pro running NXT2 Pro later.

You can include the "My Documents" folder in NXT 2's Burn Data Disc.

Look, here it is . . .

post-208-0-73587700-1384376324_thumb.jpg

It's a Windows thing. The thing is that Windows shows you several icons which look like the My Documents folder, but are actually only System shortcuts.

In my screenshot, the 'folder' on screen next to Videos/Movies is a shortcut, and so is the one which shows when I click the XP start button, or is shown under the 'Libraries' heading in later Operating Systems. [i've put red boxes round mine]

It's no use butning a shortcut to disc, so Creator won't do it. Click the shortcut and open the folder, and you can burn the contents without fuss.

To burn the folder, you have to navigate to the actual folder through C:\Documents and Settings\%yourname%\ My Documents, as I have done in the Explorer window on the right [with a red line].

I hope this makes the situation clearer.

Regards,

Brendon