• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Convert .jwl Files To .stx?

hhamilton

Question

7 answers to this question

My company upgraded our computers to Win7 from XP and my Roxio from EMC8 to Creator DE 10.3. I am unable to access my saved disc labels because they are not recognized by CDE. Any suggestions?

Your OEM version is most likely not compatible with W7. It will also have some features crippled or missing. Also often project files from previous versions are usually not compatible with new versions.

BTW, what is ".stx"?

I would not consider going from EMC 8 to Creator 10.3 DE and "Upgrade"

Your OEM version is most likely not compatible with W7. It will also have some features crippled or missing. Also often project files from previous versions are usually not compatible with new versions.

BTW, what is ".stx"?

I would not consider going from EMC 8 to Creator 10.3 DE and "Upgrade"

Unfortunately, I was not given a choice in the matter. The Creator DE will only recognize .stx files in the labeling software.

Unfortunately, I was not given a choice in the matter. The Creator DE will only recognize .stx files in the labeling software.

I looked at all the variations of "stx" and did not find any related to labeling software. Are you sure that when they upgraded your computer with DE that they didn't add something else? When you open the labeler software, what is the name (upper left corner usually.)

Since you think that DE only accepts stx files, you must contact them. There is no other way.

The best labeler program doesn't recognize that extension - double check the extension. Is it one of these?

• Scaleable Vector Graphic (*.svg)
  • Bitmap (*.bmp)
  • JPEG (*.jpg)
  • Paintbrush format (*.pcx)
  • Portable Networks Graphics Format (*.png)
  • Tagged Image format (*.tif)
  • Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif)
  • Windows Metafile (*.wmf)
  • SureThing Background file (*.mvb)
  • Encapsulated PostScript (*.eps)

Edited by sknis

As far as I know a stx file is not a Roxio related file but only is associated with Pinnacle video projects (as cdanteek stated). As such I don't think you can convert a Roxio labelling jwl pproject file to a stx file

I looked at all the variations of "stx" and did not find any related to labeling software. Are you sure that when they upgraded your computer with DE that they didn't add something else? When you open the labeler software, what is the name (upper left corner usually.)

Since you think that DE only accepts stx files, you must contact them. There is no other way.

The best labeler program doesn't recognize that extension - double check the extension. Is it one of these?

• Scaleable Vector Graphic (*.svg)
  • Bitmap (*.bmp)
  • JPEG (*.jpg)
  • Paintbrush format (*.pcx)
  • Portable Networks Graphics Format (*.png)
  • Tagged Image format (*.tif)
  • Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif)
  • Windows Metafile (*.wmf)
  • SureThing Background file (*.mvb)
  • Encapsulated PostScript (*.eps)

The software is Roxio Express Labeler. Attachment 1. When attempting to open a .jwl file, my only option is opening a .stx file. Attachment 2.

post-116016-0-86610000-1384551064_thumb.jpg

post-116016-0-87705500-1384551074_thumb.jpg

The Roxio suites have TWO labeling programs, Roxio Label Creator [uses .JWL] and Roxio Express Labeler.

Label Creator is Roxio software from way back, whereas the Express Labeler is a modified version of the Sure Thing disc labeler. Their files are not interchangeable, so you can't convert Label Creator's files into Express Labeler format.

Sorry about that.

Regards,

Brendon