Sign in to follow this  
Reaperzzz18

Videowave Freezes Constantly While Editing

Question

So I purchased the Roxio GameCapture HD Pro in order to record my game play footage and then share it on the internet. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get past editing the videos since the VideoWave software keeps freezing as I am editing. It freezes for a couple minutes after I split a clip, add some text, or any other minor thing that I want to change with the clip. Sometimes I actually have to force shut down the program since it won't respond. I have read some prior posts, but I'm not as familiar with all the technical terms as everyone else.

Some quick information as I know that is important, the clips I have are around 20-25 minutes long and are also around 2-2.5 GB. I save these clips on a 3 TB external hard drive. I then drag them into the VideoWave software which I have saved on my laptops hard drive. My biggest problem is where I take a clip and try splitting it up so that I only have the important bits that I want, but for some reason this does not agree with the software.

My computer specs are:

Alienware M18XR2

Intel Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80 GHz

32 GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit operating system

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the software, but that has yet to work. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

3 answers to this question

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

So I followed every step, but its still freezing. I mean I even opened previous productions to edit, but the stupid program stopped responding. Any more tips you can possibly give?

My computer was freezing too until I changed the rendering from hardware to software in the options. Mine's still slow but its probably because my computer isn't powerful enough.