Error Code For Install 0641

RAYRES

Question

I reinstalled windows vista on my laptop and I am now reinstalling the programs. Both Roxio programs will not install and give me an error code of 0641. After searching and trying many internet suggestions I am no further ahead. Hopefully someone can help me.

I am using Windows Vista (64-bit) on a Toshiba Laptop. I am not sure what to try next.

2 answers to this question

I reinstalled windows vista on my laptop and I am now reinstalling the programs. Both Roxio programs will not install and give me an error code of 0641. After searching and trying many internet suggestions I am no further ahead. Hopefully someone can help me.

I am using Windows Vista (64-bit) on a Toshiba Laptop. I am not sure what to try next.

Installing both Roxio programs, the correct name of them please?

Grab the log files, zip them up, and attach them,

http://forums.suppor...tion-log-files/

Edit...

User sknis informed me there is a fix for error code of 0641 in Roxio's knowledgebase. I would try it first.

http://corel.force.c...=INS&source=kba

Edited by cdanteek

Hope this helps someone -

I tried for several days to find a fix for Error 0641 (Windows Installer failure basically). After trying everything I found claiming to fix or repair this issue on Roxio, Major Geeks, Microsoft , Google, and several other postings, I tried Advanced System Care 7.4 Pro (started with the free version from majorgeeks.com but purchased with the $19.99 version). When I ran the program it did not find any problems. but, when I manually navigated to the TOOLBOX, then to the Win Fix tab, and to the Advanced Fix tab, the problem was listed. By clicking FIX the Windows Installer was turned on or repaired. Windows Installer now works well, allowing me to install my new Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning.