• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JVZ

No Video Signal When Trying To Use Easy Vhs To Dvd Plus

Question

I purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and successfully installed the software. The driver for device was successfully installed by Windows. I have plugged in my VCR and while playing a tape I get "No Video Signal". I have plugged the VCR into the TV and it displays correctly. I am running Windows 7.

7 hours ago, cdanteek said:

Did it ever work?

Showing us device manager in French is about the same thing! Sorry for my French, I speak English.

Do you need some informations for continue to help me?

HELP this morning I did uninstall software and clean all with the procedure read in this forum.

And I did reinstall the software. The same probleme appear.  No Video signal.<

I realy want to start to convert VHS to DVD.  Please help me to solve problem.

If you need more info, please ask for

Hello all,

I am using the following philosophy: if it is not working or not working properly after a few attempts than I stop with that software and I look out for an other solution. If it not works from the first time it will not working after 5 or more attempts and changing parameters of the computer result sometimes in not working properly of other programs.

It is a loss of money but my time is more preciously so I do not waste time in not working software; I will find an other software that will work

At this moment I did not buy any other software to achieve my goal 

Edited by mtebelgium

I've just spent a fruitless few hours trying to get Easy VHS to DVD 3 to work with 'Windows 10 Pro 64-bit'. Quite a few install and uninstall processes (including the requisite reboots); pointless searching for updated drivers; changing cables; even pulling the USB dongle apart to get the manufacturer and model-number of the chip. In other words, I engaged quite the methodology in my attempt to get the video-signal 'recognised' by the provided software (and a host of other 'analogue capture' software).

I searched the interweb for information regarding the operational issue with 'Windows 10' but there's been no solution in years.

According to the box, 'Windows 10' (32 and 64 bit) is compatible with the 'Roxio' USB dongle. Clearly Win10  'compatibility' is not as universal as the packaging states.

The only solution was to install 'Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit', on another disk-partition, in a dual-boot scenario. Under 'Windows 7', Easy VHS to DVD 3 worked perfectly from installation.

Given the cost of this product, I certainly didn't expect to have precisely the same problem, under 'Windows 10', that I experienced with one of those el-cheapo dongles I had purchased off a certain auction-site. Mind you, the 'el-cheapo' didn't function on Win7 (or WinXP either) - so at least that's one-up for the 'Roxio' dongle.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:21 AM, Blofelds Cat said:

I've just spent a fruitless few hours trying to get Easy VHS to DVD 3 to work with 'Windows 10 Pro 64-bit'. Quite a few install and uninstall processes (including the requisite reboots); pointless searching for updated drivers; changing cables; even pulling the USB dongle apart to get the manufacturer and model-number of the chip. In other words, I engaged quite the methodology in my attempt to get the video-signal 'recognised' by the provided software (and a host of other 'analogue capture' software).

Why?

Roxio USB Capture Device needs Roxio USB Drivers! Did the other 'analog capture' software come with a hardware device and its own drivers?

What Roxio USB Capture Device did you tear apart?

1373019366_easyvhstodvdusbdevices(2).thumb.jpg.c45f8d5eeff7c0c8d9a9393f8ef91621.jpg

I too have the same problem having done several uninstalls/installs. if I go to convert a VHS, during the recording process, I have no video. But if i record and play back, the

video is there. and I can take that video and edit it or work with it in any way i choose. So the video is being recorded.  My drivers are right. I have another machine right next to

the filing machine and it run Vhs to dvd just fine. I think its a Windows problem ( My system is windows 10 x64 pro)

Hope this helps

30 minutes ago, golflynn said:

I have another machine right next to

the filing machine and it run Vhs to dvd just fine.

What does that mean?

What OS is on the machine that you say " and it run Vhs to dvd just fine"?

Actually I have 3 machines that I use to transfer VHS to DVD. All running win10 X64 Pro.  2 run VHS to DVD, and one doesn't.

The one that doesn't also has a problem with Adobe Bridge where image thumbnails are intermittently grayed out.Since none

of the solutions given on this thread, I'm thinking the problem is not with drivers or VHS to DVD but a windows problem.

1 hour ago, golflynn said:

Actually I have 3 machines that I use to transfer VHS to DVD. All running win10 X64 Pro.  2 run VHS to DVD, and one doesn't.

1 hour ago, golflynn said:

I'm thinking the problem is not with drivers or VHS to DVD but a windows problem.

Do you think! :rolleyes:

I composed a lengthy post here that compares installation and operational functionality in my own Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro environments.

My Windows 10 Pro build is v1709 OS Build 16299.15. Can't speak for earlier builds.

It beggar's belief that the Roxio boffins don't seem to be too concerned about a critical factor that has such an impact on product functionality; as far as I have been able to determine, the issue has been 'known' for several years.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:09 PM, Blofelds Cat said:

I composed a lengthy post here that compares installation and operational functionality in my own Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro environments.

My Windows 10 Pro build is v1709 OS Build 16299.15. Can't speak for earlier builds.

It beggar's belief that the Roxio boffins don't seem to be too concerned about a critical factor that has such an impact on product functionality; as far as I have been able to determine, the issue has been 'known' for several years.

Answered here.

https://forums.support.roxio.com/modcp/ip-tools/?ip=173.18.138.72

If your Roxio is installed with the correct drivers try this.

2135242597_RoxioVHS2DVD.jpg.c747f7f669ec514b575f051f3c4e7f4e.jpg

Edited by cdanteek