• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Nxt2 Output Format.

ARMusic

Question

Different Export Issue:

Just purchased NXT2. I'm trying some test production, very simple, one HD video source clip. I just want to trim this down and forward to someone else that doesn't use NXT, to have them perform some more involved editing. No matter how I try to export, it always creates an MP4 file... why? I want to export an HD file that is recognizable to any editing software...

Any help greatly appreciated...

7 answers to this question

Different Export Issue:

Just purchased NXT2. I'm trying some test production, very simple, one HD video source clip. I just want to trim this down and forward to someone else that doesn't use NXT, to have them perform some more involved editing. No matter how I try to export, it always creates an MP4 file... why? I want to export an HD file that is recognizable to any editing software...

Any help greatly appreciated...

Why not tell us what settings you are using when outputting. An MP4 file is/can be HD. Not every video editor will accept every HD format video file. Why not tell us what editor "someone else" has and maybe we can suggest some format.

Why would you have someone else do the editing? IS NXT not good enough?

I just read your private message, thank you. Sorry for the lack of information... I'm a novice here. I don't have any complaints about NXT... in fact what little I can tell so far, it seems pretty powerful. I just need to trim clips and move them along to someone else who uses CS Adobe Premier. So, I do the trimming then try to Output. I have tried to Export as several different file types. For "Purpose" I select "High Definition." For "Video File Quality" I have tried a bunch of the AVCHD resolutions... but all output an MP4 file. I've been choosing blindly (...you can stop laughing now). I just need to export a file type that is readable in CS Adobe and that retains the HD quality. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...

I just read your private message, thank you. Sorry for the lack of information... I'm a novice here. I don't have any complaints about NXT... in fact what little I can tell so far, it seems pretty powerful. I just need to trim clips and move them along to someone else who uses CS Adobe Premier. So, I do the trimming then try to Output. I have tried to Export as several different file types. For "Purpose" I select "High Definition." For "Video File Quality" I have tried a bunch of the AVCHD resolutions... but all output an MP4 file. I've been choosing blindly (...you can stop laughing now). I just need to export a file type that is readable in CS Adobe and that retains the HD quality. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...

When you started your project in Edit Video Advanced, did you select a wide screen "16 by 9" project? That will give you the high definition options that you want.

Ask your friend what format (s)he wants because there are so many to chose from. Adobe should take a mp4 file (high definition). The issue is that the HD mp4 would be 4 by 3 unless you start with a wide screen project.

See below:

Wide Screen to start:

post-58-0-63152800-1384953595_thumb.jpg

Format Options (some). Note that selecting "All" will give you more.

post-58-0-31295400-1384953821_thumb.jpg

This is a great great post. Thanks Digital Guru. I have a similar question as I am new to Roxio NXT 2 Pro as well (I am currently using Creator 13). I have imported HD Video clips from my Canon Camcorder in native .MTS format into VideoWave 16X9 Format. After completion of my project, I want to create two (2) types of discs: Blu-Ray DVD-R and Standard DVD. Questions:

1. Which of the two options will produce the highest quality video: Send the project directly to My DVD using the native .MTS and .MPG formats, or export the project into a Video File and use the exported video file to create the two types of discs.

2. Assuming it is better to export the project into a video file, what type of video file should I export to to create the best possible video quality. For Roxio Creator 13, I have been using the option 'DVD For Best Video Quality'. I really have had little or no success burning Blu Ray Disc using Creator 13 software. Using the above export option, the video quality has been EXTREMELY choppy.

Computer system as follows:

Windows Vista Basic Home Edition

Hewlett-Packard SR5223WM

AMD Semptron Processor 3600+ 2.00 GHz

4.00 GB RAM

32-Bit Operating System

By the way, I was to by Roxio that I should see improved Video quality using NXT 2 over Creator 13 even with Windows Vista (comparable to Windows 7 and 8), including Blu Ray. I use Verbatim 6X BD-R.

Thanks for whatever insight you may have.

Clifton Bruce

This is a great great post. Thanks Digital Guru. I have a similar question as I am new to Roxio NXT 2 Pro as well (I am currently using Creator 13). I have imported HD Video clips from my Canon Camcorder in native .MTS format into VideoWave 16X9 Format. After completion of my project, I want to create two (2) types of discs: Blu-Ray DVD-R and Standard DVD. Questions:

1. Which of the two options will produce the highest quality video: Send the project directly to My DVD using the native .MTS and .MPG formats, or export the project into a Video File and use the exported video file to create the two types of discs.

2. Assuming it is better to export the project into a video file, what type of video file should I export to to create the best possible video quality. For Roxio Creator 13, I have been using the option 'DVD For Best Video Quality'. I really have had little or no success burning Blu Ray Disc using Creator 13 software. Using the above export option, the video quality has been EXTREMELY choppy.

Computer system as follows:

Windows Vista Basic Home Edition

Hewlett-Packard SR5223WM

AMD Semptron Processor 3600+ 2.00 GHz

4.00 GB RAM

32-Bit Operating System

By the way, I was to by Roxio that I should see improved Video quality using NXT 2 over Creator 13 even with Windows Vista (comparable to Windows 7 and 8), including Blu Ray. I use Verbatim 6X BD-R.

Thanks for whatever insight you may have.

Clifton Bruce

Please call a program by its correct name - there is no Creator 13. Do you mean Roxio Creator 2012 or NXT?

I doubt very much that you will see much quality difference between that last few versions or the different operating systems. (assuming the same settings are used for every case).

Whether you use Videowave to first render to video file (then adding that file in myDVD) or let myDVD do the rendering, you will not see any difference as long as you render to the same format in each case.

If you want to create a BluRay disc, then you definitely do not first render to mpg. You lose quality when you render from HiDef to standard video and would lose quality again when the standard is rendered back to HiDef for a BluRay.