• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Win 7 Gadgets And File Location

David Ramsey

Question

I installed Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus about a week ago on my Win 7 computer. I've been able to create the DVD's that I wanted, so that isn't a problem. However, I do have two issues/problems:

1) when I installed "easy" the two Windows gadgets - CPU usage and Memory usage - stopped displaying correctly. Instead of the guage icon, I just have a small text box for each. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there a resolution?

2) the tapes I'm copying to DVD are over 20 years old. I would like to store the captured video files on a more secure medium (like Carbonite) than just DVD-R, but I'm not sure where the captured videos are stord; the only files I can find in "Documents" folder seem much too small for an hour worth of video. Can anyone provide information on where the files might be stored and/or the naming conventions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

David.

6 answers to this question

Closing and adding them did not help, but thank you for the suggestion.

Have a read through this thread, http://social.techne...7itproappcompat

Gadgets have been discontinued

Gadgets are no longer available on our website because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities. Microsoft has retired the feature in newer releases of Windows. Gadgets could be exploited to harm your computer, access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behavior at any time. An attacker could even use a gadget to take complete control of your PC. If you're concerned about the safety of gadgets you’ve downloaded, find out more about gadgets and steps you can take to protect your PC.

Edited by cdanteek