• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unwanted Updater For Roxio

GoodyF

Question

I am running Windows XP Home Version Service Pack3 with Roxio Media Creator 7. Just recently, every time I boot up, Windows installer wants to run Roxio updater. I can't complete the update because I upgraded online to Roxio 7 and do not have a disk so I can't complete the operation. I have had Roxio since 2007 and only recently has this problem come up. I have already tried eliminating Roxio reference in certain registry files. But no reference existed in the suggested files. I also do not know how to stop auto updates for Roxio. Any idea how to fix this problem? It takes quite a few tries to get updater to stop. It is not only annoying but time consuming on my older laptop.

1 answer to this question

I am running Windows XP Home Version Service Pack3 with Roxio Media Creator 7. Just recently, every time I boot up, Windows installer wants to run Roxio updater. I can't complete the update because I upgraded online to Roxio 7 and do not have a disk so I can't complete the operation. I have had Roxio since 2007 and only recently has this problem come up. I have already tried eliminating Roxio reference in certain registry files. But no reference existed in the suggested files. I also do not know how to stop auto updates for Roxio. Any idea how to fix this problem? It takes quite a few tries to get updater to stop. It is not only annoying but time consuming on my older laptop.

I no longer have EMC 7 installed, but on the Home screen, click on Tools, at the top, and see if there is something there to stop the updater.

Edit: It is under Tools, then click on Options. Click on the General tab, then, under Startup, uncheck the Check for Updates box.

Edited by grandpabruce