darthken

Videowave Crashes

Question

When I'm editing a video in the timeline window of videowave, when I move the selector to the right, out of the view field, I lose control of the selector and the view fast forwards through the rest of the video and then hangs for awhile - frozen. I can't select anything during this fast forward cycle. Sometimes the software doesn't recover from this ordeal and I have to close it from Task Manager. This problem has been happening to me through three versions of Windows and four versions of Roxio. It's hard for me to believe that this major bug hasn't been fixed yet because it essentialy makes the software unusable to me, even as just a casual editing tool. Sure I could use the scrolling tool at the bottom of the screen to make sure the selection cursor is always in the field of view, but this also seems like an unnecesarry hassle that I haven't encountered in any other editing software.

11 answers to this question

You are correct that it has displayed this problem for many versions. Yes, it has not been fixed. For best results, shorten the timeline display so you don't go off screen. You know that the problem exists so YOU must change the way your work. Discipline in your work process.

This is such a ridiculous problem. How about Roxio needs discipline when designing their software or they are going to continue to lose business to higher quality, less expensive competitor software. Roxio obviously doesn't really care about their customers and expects customers to upgrade endlessly without Roxio needing to put any real effort into improving their product. No more upgrades for me or my friends.

This is such a ridiculous problem. How about Roxio needs discipline when designing their software or they are going to continue to lose business to higher quality, less expensive competitor software. Roxio obviously doesn't really care about their customers and expects customers to upgrade endlessly without Roxio needing to put any real effort into improving their product. No more upgrades for me or my friends.

Threats don't affect us. As you know, we are users and have no ties to Roxio. We cannot help them design or re-design their software. If you have been having this problem, why did you not start a trouble ticket with Roxio and why did you upgrade ?

Perhaps you want to try Corel's software - trials and on sale. They own both Roxio and Pinnacle. You would still need to buy other software for PhotoEditing (Corel has one), for Audio , and for Backups.(at least).

Have a good Holiday Season !

Edited by sknis

No one is "threatening" you sknis. Your heavy sarcasm and trite answers in regards to this matter are not helpful in the slightest. Please let the grownups discuss issues on this forum. I for one will certainly go elsewhere.

Edited by darthken

No one is "threatening" you sknis. Your heavy sarcasm and trite answers in regards to this matter are not helpful in the slightest. Please let the grownups discuss issues on this forum. I for one will certainly go elsewhere.

You asked a question, I gave you a answer albeit a work around. You didn't like that and promised that you would nor your friends buy Roxio products again. I told you we had nothing to do with engineering Roxio products. I suggested an alternative - Corel.

At no time did I suggest that I felt threatened. You are angry and you are misreading my calm and helpful suggestions. As for grownups, you are the one that is acting like a spoiled child essentially saying "I want it the way I want it".

Again Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate that holiday).

Corel software might be be good and all, but isn't this a site about fixing and improving Roxio products? It seems strange that suggestions for "fixing" issues with Roxio software is met with suggestions to just switch to another company's product.

I haven't fiddled around with this much but I found a solution, at least for a 4:3 movie. Go to "More Options" at the welcome screen. Change the 'default handling' to 'fill screen'. Changing the editing frame rate to match that of your movie might help as well. The software didn't lock up as you describe when I used these settings. :)

post-116241-0-52349600-1385753925_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If that doesn't work for you, another work-around is to split your video into smaller sections by using the split tool. You can then edit each individual clip by double clicking it in the timeline which will open up it's own smaller editing window. You can then adjust the start and finish points for that clip here.

post-116241-0-19768100-1385755489_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Corel software might be be good and all, but isn't this a site about fixing and improving Roxio products? It seems strange that suggestions for "fixing" issues with Roxio software is met with suggestions to just switch to another company's product.

Roxio is part of the Corel company so there is not really any "suggestions to just switch to another company's product". Another poster had suggested the program "N...." and that post was hidden or deleted since that is not allowed.