raul415

H.264/mpeg-4 Avc Issues

Question

I am having problems making dvd movies from H.264/MPEG-4 AVC files. I am using non-copy protected content that has been given to me.

Often what happens is that I am enble to add the content but at some stage in the process the program will freeze or crash.

What is the best file format to us e with NTX?

5 answers to this question

I am having problems making dvd movies from H.264/MPEG-4 AVC files. I am using non-copy protected content that has been given to me.

Often what happens is that I am enble to add the content but at some stage in the process the program will freeze or crash.

Does your PC meet minimum system requirements? http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81985-identifying-your-computer-specs-and-computer-drivers-windows/

Do you only do the video work with all other programs shut down? Or try and run the video program surf the web and email at the same time?

In addition to the info asked for by cdanteek.....

The file format will depend on what type of DVD you are making - standard DVD, AVCHD DVD or BlueRay?

HOw long in time is the project?

There is not much info in your post to work with.

I make standard dvds 1-2 hours long. My computer has lots of memory and a intel icore 3 processor and win 7. I have two computers and I have the same problem with both.

I do run a browser while creating dvds but I try not to run any other cpu sucking programs at the same time.

I make standard dvds 1-2 hours long. My computer has lots of memory and a intel icore 3 processor and win 7. I have two computers and I have the same problem with both.

I do run a browser while creating dvds but I try not to run any other cpu sucking programs at the same time.

A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. If you want to squeeze more video on the DVD you have to select reduced quality.

Your problems may well be related to the length of the video you are trying to add. It is always a peeo r idea to run other programs while rendering.

Edited by myguggi

Given to you???

A quick and easy test, run those files through Video Copy and Convert BEFORE trying to use them... Keep the quality to the same as the original and see if they don't behave better.