Ronfowen

Runtime Error When Loading Photo In Roxio Creator 9

Question

I curently run Roxio Creator 9 software and after several years with no problem in the photo editing section I now get a "Runtime Error" dialogue box appearing when I try to load a picture/photo through PhotoSuite 9.

The error message states:

"Program- Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\PhotoSuite 9\PhotoSuite9.exe"

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

"Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I have un-installed my Roxio program and also used Windows Install Clean Up software to ensure all parts of Roxio & Sonic applications were removed. I then loaded and ran the (2) software CDs, provided to me when I purchased the software, installing the Roxio Creator 9 back onto my computer. Note that I switched off all Antivirus and Firewall programs when re-installing. Also disabled all programs in "Startup"

Unfortunately I still get this error message. Can anyone help me with this

12 answers to this question

Sorry for not getting back to you straight away - I didn't realise that there was a reply. Anyway my operating system and details are as follows:

Version: 6.0.6002

Processor: Pentium ® Dual core CPU

Hope this can help

Edited by Ronfowen

Sorry for not getting back to you straight away - I didn't realise that there was a reply. Anyway my operating system and details are as follows:

Version: 6.0.6002

Processor: Pentium ® Dual core CPU

Hope this can help

Did you install the 9.1 Patch? That enabled EMC 9 to work with Windows Vista.

I have kept my updates for Windows on schedule which in the past has included Service packs 1 and 2. Not sure what this 9.1 patch is or where to find it - I can only seem to locate a 9.1 or greater patch for Adobe. Is the patch for this or is it a MS patch? Thanks for prompt reply.

I have kept my updates for Windows on schedule which in the past has included Service packs 1 and 2. Not sure what this 9.1 patch is or where to find it - I can only seem to locate a 9.1 or greater patch for Adobe. Is the patch for this or is it a MS patch? Thanks for prompt reply.

grandpabruce is referring to this Easy Media Creator 9.1 update.

http://www.roxio.com...re_updates.html

Update Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite

This Easy Media Creator 9.1 update does not offer any new features except for Windows Vista Certification. While the update will work with Windows XP and Windows 2000, it is not a mandatory update. All programs except CinePlayer are supported on Windows 2000.

Please read before downloading:

• You must have a valid copy of the full, retail version of Easy Media Creator 9 or Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite on your system in order to install this update. If you did not purchase a retail copy of Creator, this update will not work for your version of Creator 9.
    To check if you are eligible to the update, run any program in the Creator Suite and choose About This Software from the Help menu. The third line will display your build number. If your build number starts with 90 and ends with R03 you are eligible for the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite update. If your build number starts with 90 and ends with R04 you are eligible for the Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite update. You must choose the correct updater for your version. As an easy reminder, the Deluxe Suite version comes with the Dazzle® DVC 90 USB video input device."
  • You must choose the correct updater for your version: Creator 9 Suite or Creator 9 Deluxe Suite. As an easy reminder, the Deluxe Suite version comes with the Dazzle® DVC 90 USB video input device.
  • Do NOT uninstall your previous version. The updater will do this for you. The update will replace your installed copy of Creator 9 with Creator 9.1 (or Creator Deluxe Suite 9.1). The update is required to find your previous, compatible version to update.
  • This update is approximately 750 MB. A broadband Internet connection is recommended to download.

• Due to Windows Vista certification requirements, there are several differences between version 9.0 and 9.1.
    • Backup MyPC is not included in the Creator 9.1 update.
    • XingTone is not included in Creator 9.1.
    • DVDInfoPro, InstallShield Update Manager and SightSpeed are not installed by default. If you want these programs in your suite, you should use the “complete” or “custom” install options.

[*]Before installing the Creator 9.1 update, shut down all other running programs and unneeded background processes.

[*]Installing the Creator 9.1 updater may take several minutes, depending on the speed of your system. Do not interrupt the updater until it has finished.

Easy Media Creator 9 Suite - Download

Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite - Download

Well - I tried opening another account as administrator and named it Roxio, then opened up PhotoSuite 9 and tried to access photos on my computer - Still getting "Runtime error".

Also checked Help in the application and noted that it stated this was Windows Version (Build 3790) Service Pack 1.

From your notes it looks as though this version is not eligible for Roxio Patch 9.1.

One other thing has happened as well - Since removing Roxio from my system and re-installing it. I have all the different programs but no longer get a MAIN menu page along with the automatic Desktop Icon. Don't know what's happened.

Just more information - When I originally purchased Roxio 9, I was having trouble downloading the program for back up purposes and if my memory serves me correct - I contacted someone at Roxio/Sonic and they mailed me Disc 1 and 2, which I have used before this without trouble. The software on the discs have asingle application/exe file but I cannot see any details on what is being downloaded other than in dialogue boxes that appear during installation. Sorry to be a problem and also long winded - Still looking for a solution.

From your notes it looks as though this version is not eligible for Roxio Patch 9.1.

So you don't have a full retail version of Easy Media Creator 9? If not, then it won't work.

Where did you get your EMC 9?

Thanks GranpaBruce for the feedback. I don't understand why I wouldn't have a full version of Easy Creator 9 unless the backup disks that were forwarded to me (which I have used to re-install the software) were not complete.I purchased the software from Sonic Solutions. Product Name was " Easy Media Creator 9 Suite - ESD UG/EMMy Downloads were:1. 2006EZS0R03_ContentCDc9.1.exe2. 1Z22TZX0R03_EMCSuitev9.1efigsd.exeSerial Number: (Supplied but I won't print on public forum)3. Recommended Backup CD (1 only) Think this might be part of my problem?I Paid $191.51 AUD on 07/08/1997 for this software. and my order number was 4240780013As I said before I had trouble downloading the backup disks and after contacting Sonic Solutions, they actually posted me out 2 Backup Disks. (Intentions were good, but I am now thinking the Disks were not right)I think I can see problems with the back up disks as they mention Windows XP and make no note of the numbers "90" & "R03" as you stated they should have. also in typing the info from my internet order confirmation - I notice this info references "9.1" and "R03" which indicates my back ups might be faulty. What do you think? and how can I address this with Sonic/RoxioHow can I contact Roxio - Sonic regarding this problem - I know the product is out of Warranty - I just want want I supposedly purchased. I visited Roxio and find they are now assoc. with Corel and thjere appears to be no means to contact them unless the product is under warranty.

Edited by Ronfowen

Thanks GranpaBruce for the feedback. I don't understand why I wouldn't have a full version of Easy Creator 9 unless the backup disks that were forwarded to me (which I have used to re-install the software) were not complete.I purchased the software from Sonic Solutions. Product Name was " Easy Media Creator 9 Suite - ESD UG/EMMy Downloads were:1. 2006EZS0R03_ContentCDc9.1.exe2. 1Z22TZX0R03_EMCSuitev9.1efigsd.exeSerial Number: (Supplied but I won't print on public forum)3. Recommended Backup CD (1 only) Think this might be part of my problem?I Paid $191.51 AUD on 07/08/1997 for this software. and my order number was 4240780013As I said before I had trouble downloading the backup disks and after contacting Sonic Solutions, they actually posted me out 2 Backup Disks. (Intentions were good, but I am now thinking the Disks were not right)I think I can see problems with the back up disks as they mention Windows XP and make no note of the numbers "90" & "R03" as you stated they should have. also in typing the info from my internet order confirmation - I notice this info references "9.1" and "R03" which indicates my back ups might be faulty. What do you think? and how can I address this with Sonic/RoxioHow can I contact Roxio - Sonic regarding this problem - I know the product is out of Warranty - I just want want I supposedly purchased. I visited Roxio and find they are now assoc. with Corel and thjere appears to be no means to contact them unless the product is under warranty.

Did you happen to see the 9.1 portion of the .exe files? That means your software has the 9.1 version built in. That is why you can't install the downloaded 9.1 patch. You already have it.

Edit: In Post #2 of this thread, click on the 2nd link that Steve provided. Go through what is in that link, and try the install again.

Edited by grandpabruce

Thanks again for the feedback, but I have already tried the things in the LINK from Post#2 to no avail. What bothers me is that after doing them my software still is labled version 9 - not 9.1 as it has been stated in Post#6. - See Quote following:

"Do NOT uninstall your previous version. The updater will do this for you. The update will replace your installed copy of Creator 9 with Creator 9.1 (or Creator Deluxe Suite 9.1). The update is required to find your previous, compatible version to update:

I would still like to know how I can contact Roxio on this "Back Up Disk" of mine. I can't see how to contact anyone unless I have a software currently under support.

I purchased the software from Sonic Solutions. Product Name was " Easy Media Creator 9 Suite - ESD UG/EMMy Downloads were:1. 2006EZS0R03_ContentCDc9.1.exe2. 1Z22TZX0R03_EMCSuitev9.1efigsd.exe

You list your downloads as 9.1 already.

That is what you installed?

Yes, it looks like you already bought version 9.1

The updater is only needed by those people who only had version 9.0. It installs 9.1 over their 9.0

You don't need the updater, and you can't use the updater.

Your program will still be labeled version 9 in its main screens, because sub-versions weren't shown on the main screens. The full version number is reported when you go to the Home menu, and on the top toolbar click on Help > About this software.

You'll see a box which will display the version and build numbers, inter alia. In this clip, 9.0 is on the left, and 9.1 on the right.

post-208-0-81853900-1385604497_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon