Umaade

Glitchy Graphics After 20+ Mins Of Use

Question

Alright, I've tried all the Glitchy video fixes on the forums here and anywhere i can find them, It works fine for 30 min or so, But being a streamer 30 mins is not long enough for it to run correctly it needs to be able to run non stop for atleast 2-3 hours.

Here is a video of it working fine then not working the record was 30 mins long but chopped it short from the first 40 seconds and the last 30-40 seconds.

PS3 component -> Roxio Gamecap HD Pro -> HDMI -> TV

-> USB -> PC

PC Specs

8 core AMD 4.0 ghz

16 GB ram

GeForce GTX 760 most recent drivers

Plenty of cooling

Any help would be great

24 answers to this question

Alright, I've tried all the Glitchy video fixes on the forums here and anywhere i can find them, It works fine for 30 min or so, But being a streamer 30 mins is not long enough for it to run correctly it needs to be able to run non stop for atleast 2-3 hours.

Here is a video of it working fine then not working the record was 30 mins long but chopped it short from the first 40 seconds and the last 30-40 seconds.

PS3 component -> Roxio Gamecap HD Pro -> HDMI -> TV

-> USB -> PC

PC Specs

8 core AMD 4.0 ghz

16 GB ram

GeForce GTX 760 most recent drivers

Plenty of cooling

Any help would be great

What is your connection from Ps3 to RGC?

Still sounds like heat building up...

Use a regular fan and find some way to direct the fan flow to your PC and the RGC device to see it that makes any difference.

Pay attention to the air flow, Don't blow over one and then use the heated air to bake the other :lol:

Cooling is not an issue for my PC, The RGC barely gets warm, I'll try moving it up on top of my desk to see if it works. Seeing as it gets barely warm to the touch this seems like a major design flaw in the RGC itself...

Then the suspicion moves to your desktop...

Only other way to test is to try the RGC Device out on another PC!

Find a willing donor and do an install and capture on theirs to make sure it is not the RGC Device. ;)

Hello i was having the same sort of problem and the way i fixed it was to have everything up and running and then click the + or - button on the quality slider so the capture screen does a refresh then click the start capture button

I can now capture all night long sometimes being 4 or 5 hours without problems as before i was having the same problem of glitchy video and tried everything so fingers crossed this helps

It's far to common to be a heat or desktop problem. I'm no expert but could it be the software? seems every answer is blaming the customer and not the software.

Edited by Robm86

It's far to common to be a heat or desktop problem. I'm no expert but could it be the software? seems every answer is blaming the customer and not the software.

NO!

Were is software, EVERYONE would have the same problem :wacko:

Hey, Guys.

I too have this problem and I'm pretty sure that heat building up in my PC is not the problem. Maybe for him it could be, but for me this can't be.

PC Spec:

CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5Ghz

GPU: Sapphire AMD Raedon R9 290x

Motherboard: Asus M5A99 EVO R2.0

Power: Corsair 1050 Watt

RAM: 16Gb

My Desktop PC is also fairly large, allowing a good air circualtion.

Now I really want to know, because after about 30min on max Settings on HD 1080p it starts to glitch heavily.

I would really like if someone can give me a suggestion. I already tried with lower settings once, but it happened every time.

NO!

Were is software, EVERYONE would have the same problem :wacko:

If you don't think the software needs an update your living in cloud cuckoo land

If you don't think the software needs an update your living in cloud cuckoo land

Careful now, you are starting down a path that will get you banned...

A discussion is fine, but personal attacks are not tolerated.

im suspecting this issue may rely on AMD processors, its the only one i can think of that we all have

my Intel powered laptop is fine, but my much more powerful AMD Desktop is freaking out very similarly to yours

i have the AMD FX-8350 8 Core at 4.2GHz

Edited by longbow1

Really?

Maybe I should test it out with my Laptop.

It not as powerful as my Pc, but for testing it shoud be enough:

RAM: 8 GB

CPU: Intel i5 3317u 1.7 Ghz

gpu: nVidia GeForce 635M

Its an Ultrabook (Asus VivoBook), so there could be also problems caused by heating, but I hope the test will go smoothly.

See ya,

mcgamer1

Edited by mcgamer01

Hey Guys.

The Roxio Capture Card is slowly getting on my nerves.

Yeah, Roxio is good, but I just can't understand why I only have to fight with some video glitches while recording on my PC and my Laptop (Asus VivoBook s550cm) gets a blue screen after 4 min after I started the capture software of Roxio.

Does anybody know if this problem is caused by the software or am I a really unlucky fellow?

So no fixis woking for me, my laptop crashed 2 times thanks to Roxio and the best is it only works for 30 min and after that it starts to glitch heavily.

I was really patient till now, but if I can' find a solution for these issues then I don't know.

I hope you can help me Guys.

See ya,

mcgamer01

I captured for 4 hours, continuous, yesterday without an issue, so I would conclude "software" is working pretty good :huh:

I do understand and appreciate the frustration of this!

In the case of mcgamer01, since it happens on 2 separate computers, we can mostly eliminate a heat issue in the PC

What I would do... Is take one of those blue freezer packs, a thin rag (wash cloth thickness) and rubber band it to the bottom of RGC (washcloth between) and try it out...

Next test would be to use a DVD or BD Player for the source and make a long test capture from that...

First test (freezer pack) is to check the RGC for heat failure and the Player to to test the Game Device ;)

Okay, Guys.

I'm back with another problem.

Has anyone experienced a BlueScreen of Death with the description "ACP_Missmatch_Error"?

Because that happened to me.

Both my laptop and my Pc have crashed after I tried to record.

At least my PC could take it for 4 minutes or so, then BOOM BlueScreen.

So I checked every possible cause and now I have reinstalled Windows 7 because Win8.1 is good, but there were some Issues I really didn't liked.

But back to the problem.

I'm not so sure but I guess that the drivers of my motherboard were the cause, because on the manufacturers site I found an update that should fix some problems with the USB.

I'll try to update my Motherboard and see if this helps to solve the problem.

And thanks for the help.

See ya,

mcgamer01

Sorry to jump into the middle of this, but for those who start having glitch problems after 20-30 minutes, if you stop and restart it immediately, does it work for another 20-30 minutes before starting to glitch again, or does it start glitching much sooner? If the latter, that would point to a heat issue somewhere. If the former, then more likely a software problem.

The other information that I can think of that might be interesting to collect here is, what are the USB chipsets on your PCs? Look in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers. The "Generic USB Hub" isn't too interesting, but if you see something that gives more specific info, list that.

Sorry to jump into the middle of this, but for those who start having glitch problems after 20-30 minutes, if you stop and restart it immediately, does it work for another 20-30 minutes before starting to glitch again, or does it start glitching much sooner? If the latter, that would point to a heat issue somewhere. If the former, then more likely a software problem.

mine would start glitching out at 2-3 mins, then fix itself, then glitch out again, im gonna try and update my USB drivers and see if that'll fix it

edit: aparantly i already have it installed and cannot update :S, i have under device manager "Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller" and "Etron USB Extensible Root Hub", "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Controller" and "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller"

Edited by longbow1

Hey Guys,

I now have successfully updated the BIOS of my motherboard and I'll try if that fixes the problem.

Because I've got to know that my bios wasn't so optimal for my CPU, so it might really be the cause of the issue.

But we'll see.

See ya,

mcgamer01

Hey Guys,

I finally solved the problem.

My webcam which was pluged in while I was recording caused the issue.

I still can't fully understand why this thing caused the problem if it was inactive all the time.

Yeah, but I still was finally able to record something, even if it was only 480P @ 7 kBit/s.

So:

1.) Has anyone some recommandations for me conserning the settings for recording? (I'm using Roxio to capture my Gameplay on my Xbox 360 S and my PC through HDMI).

2.) Why can a webcam which is only pluged in, but not used cause problems?

And if something like that happens to you then check:

.) Do you have the latest Bios version on your PC? (For ACP_Mismatch_Error)

.) Are any other devices which capture video pluged into your PC?

.) Is your USB Port able to work with all the data? (Was one of the reasons for the glitchy capture, at least I think so.)

Thanks, for the helps

See ya,

mcgamer01

if i wanted to record something in 480p i'd use the original roxio device i have lying around, not the HD version :P

my webcam is unplugged, even tried uninstalling xplit and shutting off skype to no avail, its currently glitching out the entire google chrome page as im typing this

i also believe that the USB port i am using is a USB-3, but i have also tried a USB-2, looks like if i wanna capture anything im gonna have to drag my laptop down

edit: just tried changing all my graphics settings for mediacapturegame1x.exe to allow the fastest performance, still breaks on the same place

Edited by longbow1