• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Cd Audio, Using 2 Burners At A Time With Roxio Creater 2010 Pro

shogun94

Question

I need to copy some audio CD interviews (not copyrighted music) for a library and I want to use two writers at a time. I know I can do that with ISO images but I have not been able to figure out how to do it with audio images. Can Creator Pro 2010 make a C2D image from a audio CD and then can I burn the C2D image using both burners at a time?

The only image I have been able to make with 2010 Pro is the global image .GI and I have not figured out a way to write the .Gi file with two burners at a time.

I can think of two way I should be able to do this:

1) Create a .C2D image from the audio CD's and then hopefully I can burn the .C2D with both burners at a time.

2) burn using the .Gi with two burners at a time

3) Is there better method I could use?

Thanks,

DB

7 answers to this question

Hello DB,

Creator used to be able to do this task 'on it's ear' but its abilities were cut back after Roxio was taken over by Sonic.

Creator Classic [burn Data Disc - Advanced] can still burn multiple discs simultaneously, but it can't use the .GI file that Sonic's [Copy Disc to Image] makes.

You need to load all your audio into Roxio Music Disc Creator [Create Music Disc Projects] and then at the burn stage, uncheck your disc drive(s) and check 'Save disc image file' to create a C2D file.

post-208-0-34066200-1385677275_thumb.jpg

Once you have your C2D file, go to Data/Copy > Burn Data Disc - Advanced > Burn from Disc Image File.

(Creator Classic is your friend.)

Creator Classic was later removed altogether from the suite. A sad decision, I think.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello DB,

Creator used to be able to do this task 'on it's ear' but its abilities were cut back after Roxio was taken over by Sonic.

Creator Classic [burn Data Disc - Advanced] can still burn multiple discs simultaneously, but it can't use the .GI file that Sonic's [Copy Disc to Image] makes.

You need to load all your audio into Roxio Music Disc Creator [Create Music Disc Projects] and then at the burn stage, uncheck your disc drive(s) and check 'Save disc image file' to create a C2D file.

post-208-0-34066200-1385677275_thumb.jpg

Once you have your C2D file, go to Data/Copy > Burn Data Disc - Advanced > Burn from Disc Image File.

(Creator Classic is your friend.)

Creator Classic was later removed altogether from the suite. A sad decision, I think.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

Thanks for the help on this. I still have a question about your proceedure. Do I have to take the original CD and rip it to a wave/MP3 or other format on the hard drive and then take the audio files I repped and create a new disk (AKA copy)? Evrey time I use Roxio Music Disk Creator, I could load the audio track from the original disk but I can only copy them to the hard drive as singlr files in wave/mp3 etc. Am I missing a step that would help me just go from the original CR to a C2D file? I would prefer not to rip the files one at a time sice the order could get lost etc.

Thanks,

DB

Hello DB,

I'm sorry, but the way they've done it means you have to rip to files and then use those files in Music Disc Creator to get your C2D image files.

You should use one of the lossless formats for best results. e.g. FLAC or WAV.

You can also set 'File Naming' in the ripper to include <TrackNo> so that the files carry their track number in their name.

post-208-0-59557600-1385701138_thumb.jpg

But when you feed those files to Music Disc Creator you will still have to supervise and drag the track files around the burn window if they get out of order, before you create the C2D.

It's far from ideal, but then the planners were intending to throw out the ability to burn to multiple burners, so why make the process easy? :(

Regards,

Brendon

Hello DB,

I'm sorry, but the way they've done it means you have to rip to files and then use those files in Music Disc Creator to get your C2D image files.

You should use one of the lossless formats for best results. e.g. FLAC or WAV.

You can also set 'File Naming' in the ripper to include <TrackNo> so that the files carry their track number in their name.

post-208-0-59557600-1385701138_thumb.jpg

But when you feed those files to Music Disc Creator you will still have to supervise and drag the track files around the burn window if they get out of order, before you create the C2D.

It's far from ideal, but then the planners were intending to throw out the ability to burn to multiple burners, so why make the process easy? :(

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

I guess they did really take features out :(. I remember when I could use the following window to select not just a drive for the source and destintaion but also you could select an image for source or destination. If have an image on the hard drive I can "right click" and select burn to disk and the image will appear in the screen below but I have not been able to open the copy tool below and then browse to the imae to burn it.

Are the new versions (say 2013) worse yet or did they start to get better again?

Thanks,

DB

Just my opinion, but I think as far as recent versions go, Creator 2012 is the last of the good ones.

Creator classic is gone from NXT, and hasn't been returned to NXT 2. Many of the more experienced users here are staying with Creator 2012.

Brendon

Weren't the earlyer versions before 2010 better like you said where we could copie multiple disks at once much easier? Did they put those features back in 2011 and 2012 and before the 2013 version?

DB

Just my opinion, but I think as far as recent versions go, Creator 2012 is the last of the good ones.

Creator classic is gone from NXT, and hasn't been returned to NXT 2. Many of the more experienced users here are staying with Creator 2012.

Brendon

Weren't the earlyer versions before 2010 better like you said where we could copie multiple disks at once much easier? Did they put those features back in 2011 and 2012 and before the 2013 version?

DB

No. The features of Creator Classic were gradually reduced or removed as time passed, and then after Creator 2012 it was taken away altogether. :(

Brendon