Convert Itunes Songs To Mp3 Format

AmrDmr

Question

I recently purchased and installed Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning. My computer is using Windows 8.1 Pro. There is a section of that software that says it will convert songs to different formats. In previous versions of Roxio, I have been able to import iTunes songs into this section of the software and been able to convert it to a mp3 format. However, when I try to do that with this software, I can't even find my iTunes songs to import them. The iTunes songs are in an m4a format, and it appears that Roxio is not recognizing it as an audio file. Is there some way that I can convert my iTunes songs to mp3 format so that I can burn them on a CD?

6 answers to this question

AmrDmr,

The latest version of Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning is version 14. It is a cut-down version of Roxio Creator NXT, and has many of the most-used features removed.

I just tried out both the Creator NXT suite, and the Easy CD and DVD Burning suitelet.

The audio converter in Creator NXT sees and deals with all my .m4a files, while the audio converter in Easy CD and DVD Burning sees none of them.

I think we have to conclude that when they cut NXT down to make this cheaper software, this was one of the useful features they removed.

The only way you will get the Roxio software to deal with and convert your .m4a files is to buy the full version. :(

Perhaps this is the reason for removing the most popular features?

KathyShaw0204,

You're necroposting, that is, posting a message to a long-dead topic. The person whom you're talking at [AmrDmr] has not logged onto this board since the day (s)he made the post, in November a year ago.

You're also repeating advice which was already given way back when the topic was live. This is wasting your time and that of anybody who reads your post hoping for something new.