• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video-Audio Sync Problems - Split From Hijacked Thread

brucebruce

Question

i have a similar problem with video and audio sync. dwnload from sony handycam video 8xr, or from home recorded VHS tape onto HP Pavillion dv5-1004nr. the roxio in program screen plays and sounds fine, but the moment i hit the record button, it goes out of sync, chops the vid and audio and jumps frames. I tried downloading onto disk, and also saving onto desktop. both were chopped up.

Each attempt, i started by doing cleanup, disk clean, and defrag. Tried taping the VHS from a separate source, of course, and also tried different cables, using the supplied adaptor in all cases. My hard drive has over 70 percent disk space available. I closed any open programs, removed photos from any files, and put all other desktop icons into one folder ( dont know if that helps, but getting desperate) Dont know if it helps, but will list some laptop data below for info. Any thoughts on how to correct issue?

hp pavillion dv5-1004nr

processor: amd turion x2 zm-80 (2.1 GHz)

4 gb installed memory

250 gb 5400 rpm Hard Disk Drive

7 answers to this question

Your computer is slow but it does meet the minimum requirements. I do have two questions.

1) Have you updated your graphics processor driver (video chip). Since you have an HP, go to their web site and see if there is a newer one for your computer. Do not trust Windows to give you the latest version.

2) Are you using AC power? Make sure that you have that laptop set for full power ALL the time. Computers often are set for low power or power saver to save battery.

Also make sure that you are disconnected from the Internet and that you have your antivirus turned OFF or totally disabled.

Did the following:

- shut off the firewall

- adjusted visual effects to best performance setting

- adjusted power settings to high performance

Ran program again. Recording display video and audio remained in sync and perfect even after pressing record button. Downloaded onto desktop for review just fine. However, upon opening the downloaded test video from the desktop, the video was no longer choppy...a great improvement, but the audio was gone. No audio at all. So video problem completely solved, but audio went from choppy to disappeared.

How to keep video, and now retain audio also? Is this possible without buying an updated processor driver?

and by the way...thanks for the guidance on previous steps...they obviously are pointing me in the right direction so far.

Did the following:

- shut off the firewall

- adjusted visual effects to best performance setting

- adjusted power settings to high performance

Ran program again. Recording display video and audio remained in sync and perfect even after pressing record button. Downloaded onto desktop for review just fine. However, upon opening the downloaded test video from the desktop, the video was no longer choppy...a great improvement, but the audio was gone. No audio at all. So video problem completely solved, but audio went from choppy to disappeared.

How to keep video, and now retain audio also? Is this possible without buying an updated processor driver?

and by the way...thanks for the guidance on previous steps...they obviously are pointing me in the right direction so far.

Is the audio missing only when you play it through the Videowave editor or is it also missing when played with a software player such as WMP or VLC?

So the Roxio program play that audio and video in sync?

Try downloading and playing the file with the free VLC player. You WMP may be corrupted or needs an update.

What else do you have running on your computer? What antivirus do you have?

prior to checking your last reply, I experimented with the Roxio settings. I selected the option to go to 720 x 576 PAL, and also selected to save as wmv file. Then recorded. It worked. Both video and audio are now recorded, and play in sync.

I then downloaded a converted to change to dvd format, and burned my family home video onto a dvd + r disk and it plays just fine on my television.

Been working on figuring this out for four days now. Finally got it.

Many thanks to you guys for your input, and replies. You steered me in the right direction.

thanks again.

prior to checking your last reply, I experimented with the Roxio settings. I selected the option to go to 720 x 576 PAL, and also selected to save as wmv file. Then recorded. It worked. Both video and audio are now recorded, and play in sync.

I then downloaded a converted to change to dvd format, and burned my family home video onto a dvd + r disk and it plays just fine on my television.

Been working on figuring this out for four days now. Finally got it.

Many thanks to you guys for your input, and replies. You steered me in the right direction.

thanks again.

You should not need to go to wmv since that involves an extra conversion which is not required and reduces quality.

Since you live in the US you should not be using PAL but NTSC. So there is something strange going on.