• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing Mp4 Video Form Memory Card To Roxio Cd And Dvd Creator

clyde13

Question

I am new to RoxioCDandDVDCreator. I am trying to import MP$ video from a memory card to the program. I go to FILE>capture/import...go to options and I get a TV STANDARD as the only option. I can select my memory card from videos...brouse but do NOT get a selection of videos in MP4 format. I can only get to the folder they are in. I am thinking I need to get to options other than TV STANDARD.

Any ideas for a beginner? I am trying to record video with a digital camera of church services in an MP4 format and convertt then to a DVD format o be played o the local Public Access Station. I want to use Roxo CDandDVDCreator to do so.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

6 answers to this question

I am new to RoxioCDandDVDCreator. I am trying to import MP$ video from a memory card to the program. I go to FILE>capture/import...go to options and I get a TV STANDARD as the only option. I can select my memory card from videos...brouse but do NOT get a selection of videos in MP4 format. I can only get to the folder they are in. I am thinking I need to get to options other than TV STANDARD.

Any ideas for a beginner? I am trying to record video with a digital camera of church services in an MP4 format and convertt then to a DVD format o be played o the local Public Access Station. I want to use Roxo CDandDVDCreator to do so.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

There is no need to use import to get the video from the memory card to your PC, simply use Windows Explorer to copy from the card to your PC. You can then add it to the video program you are using.

As cdanteek has requested, please tell us what program you have. You posted in Roxio Creator 2010 which is a completely different program then Roxio Cd and DVD Creator

Hello Dennis,

Your software is Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning. You have the latest version, which is a cut-down reduced-function version of Creator NXT.

I have that program running in Windows 8.x.

I'm afraid your software has severely reduced functionality, and cannot/will not handle MP4 video. In the attached screenshot the directory that is selected has 3 x standard MP4 files, but won't recognize them. The list of file types at the bottom shows the reduced list of media formats it will handle. Please be aware it will not handle many sub-sets of even those formats which are listed, e.g. DivX or XviD AVIs, or any video with the popular AC3 audio.

The parent program suite has none of these restrictions, and will handle all the popular formats which have been removed from Easy CD and DVD Burning.

post-208-0-63323400-1385870260_thumb.jpg

Your Options

[1] Use some other software to convert your MP4s to one of the formats this software will accept

[2] Return this software for a refund if you can, and buy either the full Creator version or other suitable software.

Regards,

Brendon