Sign in to follow this  
hawke

20131203 - Toast Titanium 11 Pro - Video_Ts Dvd Menus

Question

Hello Forum,

I've been reading for a little bit and haven't come across an answer. I'm brand new to Roxio and would love to purchase this software but before I do, there's a few key features I'm looking for. If anyone has time could you please let me know if this is possible?

- Can you import VIDEO_TS and .ISO files into Toast to Burn onto a Standard DVD?

- Can you create menus for the VIDEO_TS / .iso files? (very important)

- If so, can you export another .iso when you’re done? (literally just tagging a Menu onto an .ISO)

- For these menu’s can you create your own photoshop template or do you only have to use theirs?

Are there any other features in regards to menu's you can accomplish that I dont know about?

Best,

hawke

1 answer to this question

Hello Forum,

I've been reading for a little bit and haven't come across an answer. I'm brand new to Roxio and would love to purchase this software but before I do, there's a few key features I'm looking for. If anyone has time could you please let me know if this is possible?

- Can you import VIDEO_TS and .ISO files into Toast to Burn onto a Standard DVD?

Yes to both.

- Can you create menus for the VIDEO_TS / .iso files? (very important)

Toast retains the existing menu unless you are modifying the source, such as selecting only certain video titles, in which case there will be no menu. If you want to create a new menu from certain titles then you need to have Toast author a new VIDEO_TS folder. Until OS Mavericks this could be done by using the Toast Media Browser to extract the videos from the source but that feature isn't working with Mavericks. In this case you'd need to use MPEG Streamclip to extract the videos (as MPEG 2 files) and add those to Toast.

- If so, can you export another .iso when you’re done? (literally just tagging a Menu onto an .ISO)

You can save the newly authored DVD as a disc image. Toast adds the extension .toast to the image file but you can change it in the Finder to .iso.

- For these menu’s can you create your own photoshop template or do you only have to use theirs?

Although Toast's DVD menus are layered Photoshop files they don't seem to modify well in Photoshop. Maybe you can figure it out. However, you can change the backgrounds by adding your own within Toast to any of the furnished menu styles.

Are there any other features in regards to menu's you can accomplish that I dont know about?

You can choose from one to six titles to appear on a menu page, you can change the button highlight color, you can change the one to three lines of text that appear, you can change the video frame that appears as the menu button. Toast's menus are static. There is no motion or audio in the menu screen.

Best,

hawke