Choppy Capture

Reaperzzz18

Question

I've had a lot of issues with my Roxio GameCapture HD pro. I don't think it's an issue with my laptop, but I can't say for sure. I've had issues in the past with the Videowave program having issues editing videos where it would it would just crash randomly after any edit. Now I'm having issues capturing any gameplay. Every time a cutscene appears the capture starts to stutter and glitch out. I'm assuming that this is a framerate issue, but I don't know what is causing it.

My laptop specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3840QM CPU @2.80 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

System Type: 64-bit

Memory: 900 GB + Seagate External Harddrive of 3 TB

If anyone can give me some advice on how I can solve my capture problems, that'd be great.

5 answers to this question

Nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering from this. However, I was hoping for some advice in some way to help me understand what may be causing this issue. I noticed that when I capture during cutscenes that's when the framerate seems to stutter and break up, but when I start to capture when I'm playing the game there seems to be no issue. Unless of course I encounter another cutscene which then causes it to stutter again.

Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One (which I'm assuming what you mean by game box). I don't have a desktop PC to use this with, however I just tested the capturing again except this time I switched the video bitrate to 10000 kbps. Had no issues with the cutscene, but after about 12 minutes into capturing the gameplay capture started to have issues which was surprising. Then after about a minute or two of framerate stutters, it went back to normal and I managed to finish the capture with about 30 min of gameplay footage that had no framerate problems with the cutscenes and only about a minute or so of framerate issues in the gameplay. I have no idea what I did to make a difference, nor do I know why I had a random issue with the framerate at halfway through my capture. I just hope that it doesn't happen again. I'm gonna keep testing it and maybe make a new topic with some video footage.