Sign in to follow this  
Piccleman

Anyone Else Having Trouble With Component Cables?

Question

I just recently bought my Roxio Game Capture Pro HD, but I have already used it multiple times with my Xbox 360 through HDMI in and out. I decided to try out my Wii (Component cables). Everything is fine when it is plugged into the TV, and even when it is going through the capture card and into the TV, the TV side looks fine. But on the PC end the colors are off, and there is that blue bar at the bottom. I don't know what is causing it since, as I said, the feed on the TV is perfectly fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is what I see:

post-116334-0-49143700-1386150292_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the screen cap!

Looks as though either your WII is not outputting in true 16:9 or an issue with your video card...

How does it capture?

As for the color, with Component you have to make adjustments... The little incon at the left of the Preview screen beside the Info icon ;)

Awesome. Changing it to 16:9 did the trick. Thank you, sir. I'm trying to get the colors right still though. The hue and saturation stuff has always confused me.

Yeah, there has to be something else other than needing to make adjustments. By adjusting the colors, I can only make blues more blue by also turning greens into blue and such. It's as if one of the cords is in the wrong place, which I know isn't true because it's all good on the tv, just not the PC.

My Xbox 360 works fine through an HDMI cable, but when I use my Wii with a component cable, the colors are all off. I tried adjusting the hue/saturation/contrast and that only fixes one thing while messing up another (making the blue more blue turns green into blue as well). I've seen videos of people using this card for Wii and it looks perfectly fine, so why does mine looks so bad?

Because it is component and that is the nature of the beast...

Might be some adjustment in your Xbox, dig around ^_^

Edited by Jim_Hardin

My preferred settings for component are:

Brightness: 125

Hue: 128 (default)

Contrast: 240

Saturation: 255

Thanks!

Do those settings stay about the same with different games you play???

Thanks!

Do those settings stay about the same with different games you play???

I had to adjust the contrast by a little with some games, but this could have been because of gamma settings previously made in said games. overall these settings prooved best for me.

Then again, I now use a HDCP work-around for the PS3 (monoprice sells DVI-D + Toslink to HDMI converters, great stuff) , and I replaced my roxio a couple of months back with another brands' card.

Edited by ThechemistNL