camdently

How-Creating Hd Dvd Pal Format

Question

In video wave I selected the following output parameters: VIDEO FILE, PURPOSE:HD DVD AUTHORING, CHECKED THE PAL RADIO BUTTON, and this all indicated that the output would be: 1920x1080 @25fps, 28 Mbps. I then went to MY DVD and made the following project settings: proj type: DVD-VIDEO, STANDARD: *PAL CHECKED, NORMALIZE AUDIO, PLAY MOVIE ONLY, PRESET: HIGH QUALITY (HQ) and here is where I have a problem/question as the VIDEO FORMAT IS GREYED OUT AND SHOWS MPEG-2, AND RADIO BUTTON SIZE MAX IS CHECKED FOR 720X576, and nothing changes whether I check INTERLACED or PROGRESSIVE.

I don't think the audio menu section will have any bearing on what my issue is.

This is my first try to generate a dvd for someone in England for Christmas. FOGOT: The output mentioned above from my "PAL" settings in Video Wave has been brought into this project at this time, that all the above settings were made.

My question is do these settings generate a high deg192x1080 PAL compatible movie which is what I am trying to do. If not can this be done and how? Any recommendations ? I don't think I have anything to test this on.

PS Picture file is already set up and generated AVCHD and BD movies for domestic family.

Thanks in advance for your help and attention to this inquiry.

Camendsy

6 answers to this question

MOST European DVD players will play either PAL or NTSC. Have you checked with the person you want to send the DVD to?

No,you settings will not make a high definition video. You can get high definition only with :

1) AVCHD disc made with a standard DVD blank and a Standard DVD burner. That disc will play on blu ray players that will play that format. You can get about 40 minutes on an AVCHD disc.

2) Blu ray disc made with a blu ray disc and a blu ray burner. That disc will play only on a blu ray player.

That is is industry standard.

IS your question now that will a NTSC AVCHD or Blu-ray disc play in Europe - Answered in my first paragraph.

...also you mentioned an output setting in VideoWave.

Unless you just want to send a FILE that will have absolutely no effect on the output of MyDVD which is your Authoring program -_-

Thank you for your time and effort to reply to my question. I have been going over my files and work to make sure I understand everything in your reply and the addition to the first reply closes the loop for me. There is no equivalent European answer in the PAL format that copes with HD, and in the US the NTSC doesn't cope with HD either; you have to use AVCHD to get HD on a regular DVD and BD HD to get a blue ray HD format on a BD disk. I will have to wait for some friend of my sister to see what she has for a dvd player

is there any use for the file output (1920x1080 HD PAL) that I mentioned above> its 2 gb compared to the other avchd or bd files which are about 680 mb..... as I am wondering why the program generates this.

thanks again very much, topic solved

You asked "is there any use for the file output (1920x1080 HD PAL) "

Some people might want to st have it on a hard drive or thumbdrive. Some TVs with USb ports will play video from a thumbdrive and USB

thanks for the added info, I will have to try this even for American format content. Excuse the delay in reply

appreciate your responses

Exactly what is it you want to do? Create a standard DVD, an AVCHD DVD or A BR disc? Only the standard DVD will play on the standard DVD while you need a BR player to play the AVCHD or BR discs. (Not all BR players will play AVCHD)

Also I don't understand what you are saying in this statement (from post #4): "There is no equivalent European answer in the PAL format that copes with HD, and in the US the NTSC doesn't cope with HD either; you have to use AVCHD to get HD on a regular DVD and BD HD to get a blue ray HD format on a BD disk