CBrenchley

Lost Pretty Much Everything!

Question

I have an easyVHS to DVD dongle which I bought in late 2009, and I have found in the bowels of my computer a prpoduct registration email (although there doesn't seem to be a product key with it, just a link). My product shows up as registered on my Roxio account.

I have no CD or documentation, but have replaced my poor, fried computer and want to reinstall this - does anyone know where I can download the software, as it seems impossible on the roxio website? Or who do I contact at Roxio to help (a 'contact support' option seems wierdly absent)?

Is it worth the upgrade to version 3 and can I purchase the upgrade without having the old program actually installed?

Is it possible to install the PC version onto Parallels for Mac running XP or will I have to purchase the mac software for that machine?

sorry about the barrage of questions!

6 answers to this question

No problems about the questions but .... what operating system are you now running -- MAC and parallels or an updated version of Windows? I don't know if the product will work with that especially the drivers for the USB device.

Did you look at the MAC version of this product? I'm not sure it even works with Maverick (if that is what you have).

You can get information about the download here.

Usually you need to have the earlier version installed to upgrade. I believe that since you are registered, you can do the update without the old version on your computer but again, I'm not sure about the USB device and drivers. It is on sale now.

I have a similar problem. I bought this product long ago. I had a Vista (stupid) and converted my daughter's 8mm tapes to computer. It was sweet. Then packed everything away with the camera and forgot about it. I have, today, been tasked to convert a couple of VHS HS football games for a recruiter. Fortunately, I found the hardware, but cannot find the software CD. I found the site you linked earlier to re-download the software, but do not know the order number of my product as I did not purchase it online, but at Best Buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the Roxio site shows my purchase also.

Edited by Cntrylvr
  • Like 1

My problems is similar, but even more ridiculous because I actually copied the software for the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD to my computer when I purchased it back 2011 never completed installing it. I tried to install the software yesterday and I need the product code from the box and that's missing and I cant figure out how to get that. I registered with their Tech support but have had no luck finding that information. Can anyone help?

My problems is similar, but even more ridiculous because I actually copied the software for the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD to my computer when I purchased it back 2011 never completed installing it. I tried to install the software yesterday and I need the product code from the box and that's missing and I cant figure out how to get that. I registered with their Tech support but have had no luck finding that information. Can anyone help?

Try the link in post 3 above.

I have a similar problem. I bought this product long ago. I had a Vista (stupid) and converted my daughter's 8mm tapes to computer. It was sweet. Then packed everything away with the camera and forgot about it. I have, today, been tasked to convert a couple of VHS HS football games for a recruiter. Fortunately, I found the hardware, but cannot find the software CD. I found the site you linked earlier to re-download the software, but do not know the order number of my product as I did not purchase it online, but at Best Buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the Roxio site shows my purchase also.

The link to the download does not apply in your case (only if you ordered from the Roxio e-store).

So you will need to upgrade. If you want to stick with Roxio go here http://www.roxio.com...erview.html  and click on the Upgrade.