• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
gwhit227

Burning Usb Flash Drive To Cd

Question

I recorded my piano solos to a USB flash drive. When I burn them to a CD, the volume is very low. How do I increase the volume on a re-burn? I have

Roxio Creator DE 10.2.

8 answers to this question

What audio file format [flac, wav, mp3, etc] are they recorded in on the USB flash drive?

What type of CD [audio, MP3, data, etc] did you burn, and which program in Creator 10 DE did you burn the CD with?

I just now found your reply to my question. I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. I believe the file format is wav, the CD is audio. I don't know the answer to the last question "which program in Creator 10 did you burn the CD with. Maybe if you could tell me the proper way to burn the audio CD from a flash drive using Roxio DE 10.2. Thanks.

I don't know the answer to the last question "which program in Creator 10 did you burn the CD with.

Please tell me, step-by-step, what you did to burn a CD from your WAV files. That way I might be able to tell you how to increase the volume.

WAV files are good, because they're not compressed. Compressed files take smaller space, but lose some of the audio information.

OK, here's my step-by-step.

Record songs on USB flash drive on my Casio Privia PX-780m.

Plug flash drive into computer.

Open Roxio Creator.

Select 'Projects'.

Select 'Audio'.

Select 'Audio CD'.

Select 'Add Music'.

Music files screen displays:

Look in: Audio

Name: Take01

Easy Audio CD screen displays:

Name: Take01

Click orange button lower right screen to burn.

With volume turned to maximum, can hardly hear songs. Can't find anything in Casio manual for volume control.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Which output port are you using to connect to the computer/USB drive?

USB (to host)

USB (to device)

Pedal 2 (Damper)

Connector for 3-Pedal Unit

MIDI IN/OUT

PHONES / OUTPUT 2 (Stereo Standard)

LINE IN

LINE OUT?

Can you use Windows Media Player to play the audio and have the correct volume?

Have you done this before?

You guys are talking over my head. I'm an computer illiterate 81 year old. I guess I'm going to have to get some local help. Thanks anyway.

Sorry

You guys are talking over my head. I'm an computer illiterate 81 year old. I guess I'm going to have to get some local help. Thanks anyway.

Sorry about talking over your head. I'm just a little younger than you and knew very little until I got started trying to understand the "lingo" It alos helps if you try to fully explain what you did in the order you did it.

There are at least three possibilities regarding the problem. 1) The music on the thumbdrive. 2) Your Windows audio settings and 3) The setting for your Roxio program. We are trying to establish which of the three are the primary cause.

You started with using the Roxio video/audio capture from a thumbdrive. Since you didn't give us a lot of the kind of information we need to diagnose the problem, we are asking a lot of questions.

First, it looks like you have an electronic organ. You captured your music to a thumbdrive. How did you do that?

You put the thumbdrive into your computer. and then used the Roxio program.

Let's back up a little. When you piut the thumbdrive into the computer, did you try to copy the files to a new folder on your computer and then try to play any of the music from those files. You can use Windows Media Player (already on your computer) to play the music. Was the volume high enough to give your the audio volume? That is how you should move the files from the thumbdrive to your computer rather than to capture the audio.

In Creator 10.2 (a cut down version of the full program designated by Dell), do you have an option under Audio for "Easy Audio CD"? That is the program you should use to copy the music to a CD.

See if you can try to follow this process and let us know one way or the other. This may be helpful if you get some local help also.

If you need more, let us know ; if not, let us know o we can close this thread.