Bluray Authoring Stops At 99%

TRL21791

Question

I have 26 Bluray discs I need done by 3:00pm tomorrow. I've completed two, after both discs took about 2 hours to encode and 10 minutes each to burn, then they freeze at 99%, right before the lead-out is supposed to be written. I've tried backtracking to all versions of Toast 11, and nothing is working (I am now attempting with 11.1, but my hopes are not high). I can do it as a disc image or copy the disc, but at this rate I will not meet the deadline. I've seen this has been an issue for a number of years now. Is there a fix yet? How has this issue gone un-noticed by Roxio? I paid $100 for this software. I expect to get a working product.

ETA: Now I have a new issue with the discs that did manage to burn. They are formatted for 24p, but when I play them in a Bluray player, they look like they play at about 12p - almost like a strobe effect. This is with all my Bluray players, including my PS3 and any computers I have.

Toast worked great for the DVD's, but this is just ridiculous.

Edited by TRL21791

1 answer to this question

Have you updated to Toast 11.1 (1072)? This is done by using the software update accessed within the Toast application. Version 11.1 (1067) had the problem you describe but it is less common with (1072). Also, I recommend choosing Save as Disc Image (File menu) instead of clicking the burn button. When the disc image is finished you can burn it to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. It also gives you the chance to view the mounted disc image using Roxio Video Player (Toast Extras menu) so you can see if that stuttering is present before burning the disc. Lastly, be sure to use Verbatim media for greatest compatibility with you disc burner.