Loupblanc

Videowave (Nxt Pro 2) Crashes When Opening Roxio 2012 Project

Question

Hi

I installed Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 Update (from Roxio 2012) today. Now I cannot open the VideoWave production file I created yesterday with the older version of VideoWave. The programm crashes without any error code.

I uninstalled NXT Pro 2 and installed it again, making sure no other task was running and firewall/virus scan was off.

The result is exactly the same.

I tried to repair NXT Pro 2, nothing changed.

I tried to open an other production file (a smaller one without any music and cuts), it works.

I tried to create a new production and import a video file, it works.

-> Only the production file mentioned lets VideoWave crash. The file worked in the older version yesterday, so I assume it is not corrupt.

Should I uninstall the update and re-install the older version & hope for refund?

Any solution?

Thanks

Erik

post-116455-0-52474800-1386754987_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Hi

I installed Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 Update (from Roxio 2012) today. Now I cannot open the VideoWave production file I created yesterday with the older version of VideoWave. The programm crashes without any error code.

I uninstalled NXT Pro 2 and installed it again, making sure no other task was running and firewall/virus scan was off.

The result is exactly the same.

I tried to repair NXT Pro 2, nothing changed.

I tried to open an other production file (a smaller one without any music and cuts), it works.

I tried to create a new production and import a video file, it works.

-> Only the production file mentioned lets VideoWave crash. The file worked in the older version yesterday, so I assume it is not corrupt.

Should I uninstall the update and re-install the older version & hope for refund?

Any solution?

Thanks

Erik

Unfortunately Roxio projects are usually not compatible from one version to the next version and in most cases you had to redo everything or finish it off with the older version. You could often load the project partially but often any transition, effects, etc would be missing or corrupted.