• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Light Scribe, Burning Multiple Labels At Once

donl517

Question

10 answers to this question

Unfortunately lightscribe.com is about to die. The opening page tells you that HP is very thankful for your interest in this labeling technology, but no longer links to the software and templates. However, direct links like http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/ still work. So anyone who's interested: download the software and templates as soon as you can.

You're welcome guys and tnx :) I've recently switched to Mac, hence my lack of interest in new versions of Creator and also the reason why I was visiting Lightscribe.com: to get the Mac system software and labeler... only to find out what I described above. It was obviously going to happen any time soon... too bad, I liked LightScribe very much, but I must admit I hardly use CD's or DVD's anymore.

So... even if you don't plan on switching to Mac or Linux just now: download those versions as well while you still can! I just did ;)

BTW and totally OT (sorry Don): After half a year of Mac usage it didn't make me a fanboy, much like I never was an MS fanboy before... it's just another OS and I would describe it as the best Linux version I've ever tried :P. I kinda miss the yearly releases of Creator though (they were a few weeks late this year, weren't they :ph34r: ).

BTW2 I've changed my avatar Jim :P

You're welcome guys and tnx :) I've recently switched to Mac, hence my lack of interest in new versions of Creator and also the reason why I was visiting Lightscribe.com: to get the Mac system software and labeler... only to find out what I described above. It was obviously going to happen any time soon... too bad, I liked LightScribe very much, but I must admit I hardly use CD's or DVD's anymore.

So... even if you don't plan on switching to Mac or Linux just now: download those versions as well while you still can! I just did ;)

BTW and totally OT (sorry Don): After half a year of Mac usage it didn't make me a fanboy, much like I never was an MS fanboy before... it's just another OS and I would describe it as the best Linux version I've ever tried :P. I kinda miss the yearly releases of Creator though (they were a few weeks late this year, weren't they :ph34r: ).

BTW2 I've changed my avatar Jim :P

Looking at your profile Martin I would have thought you would have tried Windows 8 (8.1) by now. Since you went to the CoolAid :lol: side I guess that's not in the future huh ?

Hehehe running 8.1 (heck, the upgrade to 8.0 at launch was a bargain) on my Mac using Parallels 9 :P but trying to avoid as much as possible... not because I don't like it, but there's not enough disk space to have two OS's fully operational on it (not to mention spending twice the amount of licenses :blink:). However... those virtual machines are excellent for testing purposes, but I won't spent money on a license for testing only (hey, I'm Dutch! :lol: ).