• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
xXSpectedXx

Livestream To Twitch "loading Video"

Question

Hi there, I have a question (and problem)...

These 2 days i'm having problems with livestreaming to twitch with the Pro.

Before it all worked fine, but since yesterday if i livestream it says at twitch "Loading Video".

But everything works fine till the place of the software, because at the preview window you can see the screen of what it is capturing, and when i start the livestream twitch reacts on that and says "Loading Video".... but that is it???

Does that mean that it is a problem at twitch or at the working before it uploads?

Hope someone can help me in this :)

What did i try?

- Reinstall

- Switched cables (pretty useless because the normal Capture did work)

- Tried different Livestream programs like OBS, the new build in livestream of Minecraft, and they all worked fine....

- Computer up-to-date

- Changed Video Bitrate to 1500 / 1800 / 1900 / 2000 / 2100 / 2250 nothing changed

- Tried to stream to different twitch servers

Edited by xXSpectedXx

After doing alot of research and checking things out, i found out that my twitch channel noticed the livestream so it said "Live" and he wanted to "loading video" but for some reason he couldn't continue.

I turned on the option in twitch to save my Broadcasts and when i look back at those broadcasts i found out that they are actually.... PERFECT!?!?!? ~its magic :blink: ~

But I have no idea what is wrong with my twitch channel that it won't show there :wacko:

I'll keep you guys posted when i know more ^_^

Edited by xXSpectedXx
  • Like 1

Finally yesterday someone got his question through the moderator security of the twitch support, and he do have the exact same issue.

That's why I want to share the link with you guys for if i'm too late with posting you can maybe find the answer here (soon):

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/4740253-twitch-is-saving-videos-but-not-actually-streaming-them

Edited by xXSpectedXx

Finally yesterday someone got his question through the moderator security of the twitch support, and he do have the exact same issue.

That's why I want to share the link with you guys for if i'm too late with posting you can maybe find the answer here (soon):

http://help.twitch.t...-streaming-them

I have the same problem if I stream with Roxio's software. It doesn't impact me as much since I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to stream since I have many more options for streaming, not to mention OBS is free. The only down side is that the Roxio isn't supported yet (being worked on), so you'd have to use either window or monitor capture. It's a little bit of a longer process to set up the stream, but it's worth it AND it shows my stream.

True i tried that as well, but for some reason my OBS keeps holding the Preview screen black.... did alot of options like changing the Theme of Windows and stuff but didn't work that well :P

True i tried that as well, but for some reason my OBS keeps holding the Preview screen black.... did alot of options like changing the Theme of Windows and stuff but didn't work that well :P

Do you mean the preview in OBS or in the Roxio? Since OBS sees what the Roxio sees, in a sense, then that would mean the Roxio preview screen is going black. If that is the case then do you have the option checked in OBS to disable Aero? If so then make sure you have the Roxio up FIRST with the preview screen showing and THEN run OBS. For some reason the preview screen will still work that way, but not if you have Aero themes disabled first then launch the program.

Do you mean the preview in OBS or in the Roxio? Since OBS sees what the Roxio sees, in a sense, then that would mean the Roxio preview screen is going black. If that is the case then do you have the option checked in OBS to disable Aero? If so then make sure you have the Roxio up FIRST with the preview screen showing and THEN run OBS. For some reason the preview screen will still work that way, but not if you have Aero themes disabled first then launch the program.

Well I just searched for it..... and i just found out that in Windows 8(.1) you can't turn off the Aero option..... so it is no use <_>

Thanks anyway for your hint^^

Well I just searched for it..... and i just found out that in Windows 8(.1) you can't turn off the Aero option..... so it is no use <_>

Thanks anyway for your hint^^

Oh, I'm running Windows 7 so I didn't even think of Windows 8. I've checked on the OBS forums a few times and it seems that Windows 8 does kind of have its conflicts, might have to ask on there and see if someone can help. You're welcome for the hint :D

Actually i made it work^^

Just by changing the shortcut of OBS with a compatibility to Windows 7, and then restarted OBS and it worked^^

But for some reason it now gave me a weird message with "you are still streaming" BUT.... I wasn't >_> but ah well, I'm a little further again haha

Actually i made it work^^

Just by changing the shortcut of OBS with a compatibility to Windows 7, and then restarted OBS and it worked^^

But for some reason it now gave me a weird message with "you are still streaming" BUT.... I wasn't >_> but ah well, I'm a little further again haha

Yeah, at least it's working better now. I have no idea what the "you are still streaming" thing is, never had that message...yet anyway lol. I took me nearly 3 days just to get everything set up...starting to hate technology more and more each day XD

Ànd for me the Aero option didn't work... :\ it is still a black screen on the preview window of roxio (while streaming)

So i guess for now it is lost money lol(for buying the roxio) I hope it really get fixed soon >_> lol

because....this.....is....getting....REALLY..... annoying xD

Edited by xXSpectedXx

Almost every time I try to record or stream I have to fix something lol...getting crazy. I really get annoyed when I record something and after I'm finished the file is 480p so now I have to check to make sure it's always 720p...still no clue why it defaults to 480p at random times. I have no hopes for this product getting fixed lol. I'm just waiting for OBS to full support it so I can completely abandon the included software.

• Like 1

Almost every time I try to record or stream I have to fix something lol...getting crazy. I really get annoyed when I record something and after I'm finished the file is 480p so now I have to check to make sure it's always 720p...still no clue why it defaults to 480p at random times. I have no hopes for this product getting fixed lol. I'm just waiting for OBS to full support it so I can completely abandon the included software.

I completely understand your pain. I am having the same issues all the times. I tried my hardest to make this stream work and nothing achieved and now it sets itself to 480p I don't know why and I get really mad. They need to update this quick because there are a lot of people that are mad at this Roxio HD Pro product.

Indeedy, it is advertised as being able to stream to Twitch, so it should be able to do so.

It seems that Roxio AND Twitch need to work together to fix this problem, as it seems to be very widespread, and affecting most owners of this particular capture card. Is there any solid official word on whether this is happening (or if Roxio are indeed developing a patch) outside of rumours and hearsay?

• Like 1

Update: Since the person at this link (http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/4740253-twitch-is-saving-videos-but-not-actually-streaming-them) did not actually think to tell Twitch.TV what capture card was causing the problem,(nor did they reply to the Twitch staff member's question in reply to them), I have done so in a reply to the thread. Given the information the original poster gave them (i.e. not stating what card they were using, nor stating that it is a widespread problem), I have taken the liberty to do so in my reply. With any luck my reply will be approved by the moderator and we can finally get this mess cleared up.

Another update: I think I have found what the exact problem is. Looking at the update log for the Hauppauge DVR 2 GE I saw the following:

"Fixes a problem streaming with Twitch which started Dec 12 due to a change to the Flash player".

I believe it is no coincidence that Hauppauge had to make a bug-fix for an issue that commenced on the same day that we all here started having issues with streaming. As such it looks like the problem is with an update to Twitch.TV's backend for the Flash player, and that Roxio will have to patch it if we are to continue using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to stream to Twitch.

• Like 2

Another update: I think I have found what the exact problem is. Looking at the update log for the Hauppauge DVR 2 GE I saw the following:

"Fixes a problem streaming with Twitch which started Dec 12 due to a change to the Flash player".

I believe it is no coincidence that Hauppauge had to make a bug-fix for an issue that commenced on the same day that we all here started having issues with streaming. As such it looks like the problem is with an update to Twitch.TV's backend for the Flash player, and that Roxio will have to patch it if we are to continue using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to stream to Twitch.

Oh great, now we have to wait for Roxio to do something? -_- Wonder how long that process is going to take since we all know how incredibly fast Roxio is at fixing their product with all one of their updates since release (so much sarcasm here even sarcasm itself is confused).

Yah, were it really just that simple it would have been fixed some time ago...

In another Topic someone is blaming it all on AMD processors :huh:

So basically you can pick the myth that suits you :lol:

I've had the same problem. The HD pro is capturing video fine, and it's obviously actually connecting to Twitch and saving the data, too... as this video shows the stream is being saved but not broadcast:

http://www.twitch.tv...ski/b/488488649

In another Topic someone is blaming it all on AMD processors :huh:

I use an i5. Myth busted.

No offence Jim, but if that's you in you avatar you don't come across as the kind of guy that streams gameplay to Twitch to comment on this with any authority (appearances can be deceptive, you might be some kind of let's play king, but I'm sorry... You don't look it). You just seem to be cherry-picking (sometimes unrelated) issues from the forum in an attempt to look knowledgeable on the subject.

Assuming the number of people having this problem haven't all co-incidentally changed their hardware loadout in early December to make the Roxio unit all of a sudden incompatible, that leaves an OS update pushed around that time or something on Twitches side making live streaming incompatible.

The FACT (NOT a myth) that Twitch have upgraded their player on the 12th and at least one other device that just so happens to be very similar in function had to patch its software to regain compatibility seems a bit of a co-incidence, doesn't it?

Edited by Mentski
  • Like 1

im having the same problem. all i get when live streaming is a black screen saying "loading video" on my twitch channel. i thought it was my internet being to slow but i even upgraded my internet speed. 30 down 5 up. i could stream fine before. :(

I think it is clear that the exact problem described is a widespread one. If anyone has very recently registered their product (within the past 14 days) then use your one-time free Roxio support to tell them about this exact issue, give them as much information as possible, and also be sure to give them the link to this topic on their forum and mention that this started on December 12th and it is a widespread problem. They are not going to patch anything (or work with Twitch to sort some kind of fix on their end) unless we all make a lot of noise about it.

• Like 3

I gave up the product ><

I got my money back from the store and i won't wait till they finaly start working on it^^

So good luck and take care everyone^^